Statistics Tell the Story: Mass Killings are Very Rare

Do any of these numbers surprise you? Share the graphic with your friends on other social platforms (copy and paste the graphic) or invite them here for a discussion on firearms and self-defense!

12 Likes

Not surprised at all. Wish people would really stop and get informed on gun violence instead of believing whatever is pushed out by politicians

3 Likes

2017 doesn’t surprise me, this number is still higher than 2014, 2015.
What surprise me is the high numbers in 1970’s :roll_eyes: - “Dirty Harry” era :thinking:

2 Likes

No, the numbers don’t surprise me. It was a different media culture back then. They reported the news. They didn’t have agendas, Anchors had gravitas and generally speaking, told the public the truth.

We didn’t glorify maniacs for the most part, so there wasn’t the culture of “If it bleeds, It leads”. We waited a week, until on Friday night, before we reported on casualties in Vietnam. So the military, could notify next of kin, not find out from some breathless embed.

Yet with their still being all of the bad things back then that there are now. I felt safer then than I do now.

I know as a child my curfew was. I couldn’t come home until the streetlights came on. We rode our bikes everywhere. I can’t imagine doing that now. If my daughter played in the front yard , I was in the front yard.

2 Likes

Metrics can be designed to tell any tale you want.

And when the numbers tell the wrong story for the leftists, the make them up.