Staging home defense weapon/ammo?

This. Exactly this.

1 Like

God bless you all and thank you for the flood of experience and advice. Appreciate all you fellow CC’ers, altho where I am (in Hawaii) we can’t CC. :frowning: maybe one day, but I won’t hold my breath.

1 Like

@Erik10 LOL. We liked your first answer better also. :rofl: Stay safe, Bruce ans Nancy. :+1:

1 Like

I do have a gun safe that holds all of my pistols. I keep a 38 near the toilet in an enclosure designed for exactly that & a S&W 9mm on a magnet under the dining room table. My EDC is always where I am & a shotgun in a zippered case under the bed. My EDC stays on the nightstand at night ( tritium sights) & if situational awareness dictates, my 12ga will be out of the case & within reach. This has been the level of protection while home for 7 years. If I leave the guns go in the safe EVERY time. Thanks & stay safe, my friends

2 Likes

Nice pieces of hardware.

Steven163,… Hi. Always keep mag loaded in your weapon for ready. Keep your spare mags loaded in ready to grab also. It’s been proven that the springs do not wear out in loaded condition. The wear on mag springs come from loading and unloading.

1 Like

Welcome to the family brother and you are blessed to be here.

Concealed Nation has an article… it basically says that keeping a magazine loaded has little effect on the spring weakening. Loading and unloading has a bigger impact on weakening springs…

2 Likes

There is a cable that fits into the safe and is bolted to the floor.

3 Likes

Nice piece of hardware brother.

1 Like

Q1- Do folks keep a loaded mag with their weapon and where?
A- Yes, reachable, easy to access and safe

Q2- How long do you keep your mag loaded? Won’t it wear the spring if not used?
A- 4 weeks max, debatable, spring are supposed to last for years however a lot manufacturers are using cheap materials to make them.

Q3- Do you rotate your mags for staging? (As you can tell, a newbie to home defense)
A- Yes.

I hope I answered your questions.

1 Like