Stacked Ammo?

There are a number of gunwriters who have made careers out of advocating for and against all manner of doctrines and practices concerning self-defense shootings. I don’t want to hyper-extend an elbow patting myself on the back, but I spent a whole lot of years investigating armed encounters and presenting my findings under oath in a court of law–on the criminal side of the coin. Civil stuff may differ a bit, but I don’t think that 90% of what these gunwriters rave about has any currency as far as criminal liability is concerned. I never saw it or heard about it, anyway–and I did my cop work in a VIRULENTLY ANTI-GUN state–the People’s Republic of Kalifornistan, The Carjacker’s Theme Park.

Don’t worry about peripheral distractions like staggered FMJ/JHP ammo, reload vs. factory load, night sights vs. black sights, yadda yadda. Dedicate your training and your mindset development upon target recognition, shoot/don’t shoot scenarios, the justification matrix for projecting lethal force, force continuums, and upon placing the shots where they belong and NOT placing shots where they don’t–like into the background or uninvolved parties.

4 Likes

Same here :joy:

I knew someone who carried a mag full of JHP but let the last round be a FMJ. His logic was if the first number of rounds don’t work, that one will. I personally don’t do this, BUT I can’t argue with his logic.

2 Likes

One would have to be doing some serious counting at that point, no?

1 Like

Most encounters end with 2-4 rounds. If you have a sub compact, you’ll already have used that ammo. His concern was body armor. Anyone can buy that stuff and it’s not too far fetched for a mass shooter to invest in a bullet vest. I don’t think he plans to count. I think he’ll empty the mag if necessary and if the other bullets didn’t work, his last one would at least do something.

1 Like

I never mix my ammo in magazines, I my self see no need to have different ammo. I believe that all the same ammo in the magazine but I may have different magazines with different ammo but each magazine will have the same ammo for them. In war we used ball ammo which worked very well when a on slot of enemy charging you, you did not mind the bullet going through one and taking out another or more, but now retired and my defense ammo is hollow point because you only want to hit the perp and not go and hit others not involved with what’s going on…

3 Likes