Springfield Operator

Recently purchased the NEW Springfield Operator 5" .45 Can’t say enough good things about it.
This gun is very nice to shoot, a pleasure in fact. The Operator was picked over a 10mm for EDC here in Anchorage Alaska due to nature of the round, it’s smooth push is far more preferable over the bark of the 10mm and the .45 Underwood 255 gr. Hard Cast load will dispatch the 500lb. black bear we have that regularly are in my neighborhood. Owning both calibers and others, I can understand the advantages of the 10mm if I lived in Kodiak Alaska where the bears are huge. The .45 is also very competent in the self defense arena. Back to the new Operator…
I switched out the grips and added a magwell, got them both from Techwell company, very nice fit and finish. Also purchased two recoil mitigation devices; DPM RECOIL KIT and a Valkyrie Dynamics compensator. Highly recommend the upgrades, you won’t believe how well it performs and feels.

9 Likes

I went with the Underwood .45 255grn. Hard Cast also for woods carry. Beautiful firearm. :+1:

3 Likes

Very nice😎

Is that a Wilson Combat magazine extension?

2 Likes

Yes Sir, 10 rounds of flying saucers

2 Likes

Thanks Bruce, good choice you made there with yours.

2 Likes

Awesome piece of hardware brother @GhostDragon907 :+1::+1:

1 Like

3 Likes