Split by a State Line

Just got my CC Magazine, There’s kind of a comic where the guy is in handcuffs and the cop is pointing at a state line caption “You should have stayed on that side of the line.”. We have a town Wendover that sits right on the Utah/Nevada border, if I recall Bristol Tennessee sits right on the state line and if memory serves Anthony sits right on the New Mexico/Texas line. This could really complicate things, working on one side of town and living on the other side where the law could possibly be significantly different. Are there many other cities/towns located right on state lines?

2 Likes

Cities in Two States

According to google.

• Bristol (Virginia and Tennessee) Bristol is a city located across the boundary line that separates Tennessee and Virginia. …
  • Texarkana (Arkansas and Texas) Texarkana is a town in Bowie County, Texas. …
  • Texhoma (Oklahoma and Texas) …
  • Union City (Indiana and Ohio)

May 21, 2019

1 Like

Oh Yea I forgot Texarkana, I worked on the Turk power plant down there.
I forgot the big boy in the room,
Kansas City Kansas/Missouri

2 Likes

You will find many of these dual-jurisdictional cities have cooperative agreements in place. If you live in such a city you should get a copy(ies) of the agreement(s). Calling the wrong responder can waste a lot of time.

1 Like