Special Carry

This forum likes our everyday carry (EDC) defense tools. It makes me curious what some of you carry on other days? Extra tools? Different clothes or bags? And what causes you to switch from your EDC? Location, headlines, weather, mood, or something else?

1 Like

Other days? What the heck is an “other day”? LOL…

I basically have 2 every day, all day, carry guns. I switch between them depending on mood, and what may match the clothing for that day. Maybe it is tied to moon phase, hmm, might have to check on that one. One has a fancy holster, the other is just plain. All the rest of the kit is the same, every day, all day.

1 Like

Generally, I’m carrying a shield. 45 in an IWB Crossbreed. I like the stopping power of the .45.
On really warm days or days with some suits, I’ll switch to a Sig 938 in either an OWB or IWB or a sticky holster in a pocket of the shorts I’m wearing.
On some days, I’ll switch to a 1911 with spare mags (church safety services–complete with RMR and my most accurate pistol at distance), although I’m putting a red dot on my ruger 57, and will probably use that for church. The 1911 is noticeable to carry after 10-12 hours. The S&W and Sig, not so much.

3 Likes

Which crossbreed model are you using for the shield 45? I switched from the 9mm shield to the 45. I’m considering buying a crossbreed for it. I was going to get an alien gear, but I their site says I won’t get it till May 30 (not sure I trust that date) and their phone number is shut down right now due to increased demand. SO… I was thinking of just trying a crossbreed for my shield 45. I’ve heard nothing but good about them.

The supertuck. I like this–it’s a lot bigger than any other holster I have (in width)–but it distributes the gun well and keeps it in place and comfortable.

1 Like

I have a few things I consider EDC-suitable and it is clothing and lifestyle impact that makes me switch between them. Getting the balance on comfort, lifestyle impact, and suitability right is a life-long pursuit! But in terms of carrying something that isn’t really one of my EDC guns, the main one is that if I’m doing something where the odds of a dangerous wildlife (e.g., Mountain Lion, Bear, Coyotes) encounter is heightened then I will switch to something big and hard hitting that just doesn’t fit my lifestyle for EDC.

1 Like