New and Huge! Southern States to enter a pact to Protect the Second Amendment

9 southern states are proposing a pact to protect the second amendment!!! I want Missouri on this team as well!!
Tennessee, West Virginia, Georgia, Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Kentucky, Oklahoma - WAY TO GO!

Interstate Compact on Second Amendment Sactuary; authorize State of MS to enter into with other southern states.

House Bill 753
AN ACT TO AUTHORIZE THE STATE OF MISSISSIPPI TO ENTER INTO AN INTERSTATE COMPACT WITH SOUTHERN STATES FOR THE PURPOSE OF OPERATING AS SECOND AMENDMENT SANCTUARY STATES; TO ESTABLISH THE INTERSTATE COMMISSION ON SECOND AMENDMENT SANCTUARY AND PRESCRIBE ITS POWERS AND DUTIES; TO EXEMPT CERTAIN FIREARMS, FIREARM ACCESSORIES AND AMMUNITION IN THIS STATE FROM FEDERAL REGULATION; TO DECLARE CERTAIN FEDERAL STATUTES, REGULATIONS, RULES, AND ORDERS UNCONSTITUTIONAL UNDER THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES AND UNENFORCEABLE IN THIS COMPACT REGION; TO REQUIRE THE ATTORNEYS GENERAL OF COMPACT STATES TO FILE ANY LEGAL ACTION TO PREVENT IMPLEMENTATION OF A FEDERAL STATUTE, REGULATION, RULE OR ORDER THAT VIOLATES THE RIGHTS OF A RESIDENT OF A COMPACT STATE; AND FOR RELATED PURPOSES.

36 Likes

@Zee I love that I saw this on Jared’s Channel earlier today

10 Likes

I was so happy to learn about this too and meant to post on it but was working.

My boss asked me why I was smiling so big too after break :rofl: :joy:

10 Likes

Stars and Bars. 1861.

16 Likes

I like it! snek

16 Likes

If Southern Illinois could ditch Chicago, we’d be there too.

16 Likes

Conspicuously missing from the pact is FL. Telling of the shape of things to come here.

7 Likes

Sad, if this had been a couple of years ago, then VA would have been signed on. Now we are about to become NY/CA.

10 Likes

Is this on front of the Alabama house yet?

7 Likes

And this is at least partly why we are moving from Maryland to Alabama.

:grimacing:

8 Likes

If you are moving for 2A. You are about to reach the promised Land. Get your CCP online, good for 5 years, no training requirment, Constitutionanal open Carry. 22% of the population of Alabama have CCP.

2013 passed a law that required any law that would limit the second amendment, to first have to pass “Strict Review” by the Judiciary. Strict Review is the most Stringent standard for the Judiciary.

State preemption on gun law. Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground. Immunity from civil liability if no criminal liability.

8 Likes

I don’t know the current status of the bill but if you hit the link it will show you current status. As far as it being submitted in the other states, it doesn’t come up in searches for those states as of last night. I’m presuming, since those states are listed, that there is at least a preliminary agreement with those states.

Of course, all of this has to be passed by all states to become law. Some of the folks who are hard-chargers on the Second Amendment Preservation Act think this is a bad, or at least weak, law. Personally, I"m going with Belt AND Suspenders… SAPA is the strongest, but I think a coalition of states to do a SAPA-lite is a pretty clear statement, even if its not as robust a law.

5 Likes

Sounds like my home state has its act together, glad to see it

8 Likes

Unfortunately, bad news to this…

I was on the phone today with the National Association of Gun Rights in regard to an unpaid internship and that was one of my questions at the end concerning this…

They claim that state to state it would not uphold legally {As being interstate Compact) but the sanctuary cities from county to county are the real deal(In my case parish to parish to parish).

I almost cried! :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

6 Likes

Wikipedia defines Interstate Compact:

In the United States of America, an interstate compact is an agreement between two or more states. Article I, Section 10 of the United States Constitution provides that “No State shall, without the Consent of Congress… enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State.” Consent can be obtained in one of three ways. First, there can be a model compact and Congress can grant automatic approval for any state wishing to join it, such as the Driver License Compact. Second, states can submit a compact to Congress prior to entering into the compact. Third, states can agree to a compact then submit it to Congress for approval, which, if it does so, causes it to come into effect.

Not all compacts between states require explicit Congressional approval – the Supreme Court ruled in Virginia v. Tennessee that only those agreements which would increase the power of states at the expense of the federal government required it.

… and more…

8 Likes

I hope my state joins in. I’m gonna start emailing these jokers to ask what’s the holdup?
I watched the video after my coworker looked at me & said “the battle lines are being drawn.” I agree. Now, how will they respond? (The clapback) :clap:t5:
:v:t5:

7 Likes

And Texas too. Before all the transplanted New Yorkers and Californians finish their Texexodus and start voting in the same policies that ruined two great states.

8 Likes

Jared from “Guns & Gadgets” did this video. It is 13 minutes long. I thought I would just watch the first few minutes but it just got better, and better, and…

If you haven’t subscribed to “Guns & Gadgets” yet, please do. Over 200k 2A patriots already have. Jared is a great guy and produces videos sometimes several times a day. Help a brother out.

12 Likes

Nine southern states are pulling together and telling the state and federal government that any laws that violate the 2A are null and void. I suggest you watch the whole video, it just keeps getting better. I don’t think I have ever seen Jared more pumped up.

Make sure to hit like on YouTube to help Jared’s channel out.

14 Likes

I HATE to burst “our” bubble—

But from all account from NARG it’s not true…
I really hope it might be and they just are not on board but man I was upset!

5 Likes