Sonoluminescence in Ballistic Gel

I stumbled across this little video the other day, and thought it was way too cool not to share (it’s all of 58 seconds long):

16 Likes

New word for the day. Cool vid. :+1:

3 Likes

That’s really cool. I would never have thought that could cause a secondary explosion like that. I know that lightning causes sir molecules to separate and after the lightning is done the sir molecules slam together.

1 Like

I knew I was in the wrong post but wanted to see the video. Now I’m going back to the less educated folks.

1 Like

I would not have thought ballistics gel had enough strength to compress the air and unburnt powder to make the explosion

:question::question::question::question::question:

Is that your partner in the photo with you? You are a cute couple.

What picture :question:

You see it every so often if you cruise through the ballistics gel YT video rabbit hole. Here is a 44 Mag from a 4" S&W (not my vid):

Isn’t this with a fuel source because the air alone can get superheated but I have to check on if it can ignite on its own. The power of this is minuscule right ?

1 Like

Did some home work , what we are seeing is the unburnt propellant being ignited by the super rapid compression of gases

Amazing footage. Now I am pleased that I kept my 6.5 Creedmoor Rifle. Thank you!

1 Like