Solicitor General

Per the justice.gov web site…

The task of the Office of the Solicitor General is to supervise and conduct government litigation in the United States Supreme Court. Virtually all such litigation is channeled through the Office of the Solicitor General and is actively conducted by the Office. The United States is involved in approximately two-thirds of all the cases the U.S. Supreme Court decides on the merits each year.

Also…

The solicitor general is charged with representing the Executive Branch of the U.S. government in cases before the U.S. Supreme Court. This means that the solicitor and the solicitor’s staff are the chief courtroom lawyers for the government, preparing legal briefs and making oral arguments in the Supreme Court. The solicitor general also decides which cases the United States should appeal from adverse lower-court decisions.

Solicitor General legal definition of Solicitor General

And we have a new solicitor general as of Oct 28…

Once again, the NRA is AWOL. (I’m a Life-Benefactor Member so save me the lecture).

3 Likes

They must be in Hawaii having a “Conference” or something. :wink:

4 Likes

Don’t despair. I think the Solicitor’s office will always argue whatever case the Justice Dept throws in front of it — just like any trial attorney. I doubt this Administration is going to argue many pro-2A positions, no matter who is in the chair.

What will matter is not who argues the Administration’s case, but who argues against it — and how effectively each argument is made. Hard to think that there will be a better SCOTUS to nail some boards on 2A, so it’s time to make hay.

2 Likes

Are refunds available, they haven’t HONORED their side of the bargain! Life member as well. I guess they think we can win by using the Biden campaign strategy, hiding in a basement! I feel they should have been front and center, flags flying and horns honking. Talk about being ghosted!
WHAT HAPPENED to voices like this?

2 Likes

The NRA’s strategy for defending the Second Amendment Right to Keep and Bear Arms has over the years, thinning as much a their magazines. I can remember when I first joined. Their efforts and their magazines were thicker and much more substantial.

Now their efforts are the same as their magazines: A pretty picture on the cover, an advertisement for Haggar stretch pants on the back and a bunch of nothingness in between.

I for one wouldn’t mind a refund but I’m not holding my breath.

Stay safe.

2 Likes

That’s an awesome analogy. I haven’t received paper mai nor many emails to sign up for anything except the wine club.
Something has gone terribly wrong. Now is the time for transparency on their part!
If there were some shenanigans going on, OK, I can deal with that, but at the same time they were still fighting for our rights.
Unlike “Brandon”! You can be a Jimmy Carter, but you still tried to keep Americans safe, barring Iran!
At this point I’d vote for Nixon, Caligula but not Brandon! No other country on earth, that I’m aware of, actually allowed an invasion of foreigners into their country to change it’s makeup or population and pay them to do so! Not the Ottomans, not the Greeks and if memory serves, didn’t China build a giant WALL?
I’ll quit while I’m ahead!

1 Like