Solar generator, what you got, what you looking at?

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=DChcSEwiTgPv8saj4AhVlPa0GHe0EBAEYABBKGgJwdg&sig=AOD64_0Knkm4g9y2XfhNd9nROaZBLvVAJg&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwj8v-38saj4AhX2m44IHfJcCiwQwg8oAHoFCAEQtQE&adurl=

What do you guys think of this set up. Have a plan to get the turbine in the air from an old portable light plant. This should run my hunting shack with leftover power.

2 Likes

I have a 12,000 watt gen set that is gas and electric start and manual pull start and is set up to completely run the whole house for 16 hours on 5 gal gas, fill the tank at dark and fill in the morning and it is a DURA MAX Beast,works for me

1 Like

Well, a bit of a delay here responding…I have a couple questions, one is capacity which I don’t see spelled out. I read this unit with the extra pod is 308 pounds, but run a couple fridges for 7 hours…has me a bit confused. Sounds like an 1800 watt inverter which will run everything shy of AC. Cycles of iirc 5-600 ish have me realizing this isn’t lithium phosphate, didn’t see mention of lithium ion, and weight, cycling life and size makes me wonder if this is lead acid or agm. Also, charging rate all in, both solar inputs and ac input is good, but individually I find the inputs kind of anemic.
I was looking into wind powered mini generators, but the reviews kept me from adding one. Someday I may get a sailboat specific wind turbine, larger, pretty noisy, but they generate a lot of juice. Too many trees for one here anyways.

1 Like

Wrong thread, brother :wink:. Gas generators next forum to the left, and down the hall :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Fwiw, 15 HP Hyundai in the shed and a 4kw onan in my RV, fed by the 55 gallon tank.
All my back up plans have a back up plan!

2 Likes