Social Distancing for hunters

12 Likes

Well Spring Gobbler is bound to start and I just figure the Father in Law can sit on one side of the fire pit and I’ll sit on the other. Besides that will make him bring his own doggone scotch as opposed to just hitting mine!

Cheers,

Craig6

7 Likes

@Craig6

This could be your chance! To lose the “can’t shoot cousin” sobriquet in that field. Go to local hunting goods buy a turkey decoy. Go to grocery way away from where you live and buy a turkey.

Night before you and Dad go on hunt get him completely blasted on the good Scotch. Next morning wake up disgustingly early in the morning, pour more good Scotch down him and fill flask. Turn heat up in blind. Presto Dad falls asleep. Wait a bit for him to be good and asleep shoot decoy he will wake up blearily. Announce you missed, he will nip some from flask fall back asleep. Once he is asleep go out and take :turkey: you bought shoot it, take home and do whatever it is you do to field dress a turkey. I apparently have game shears, I will send you. Maybe leave a pellet or 2 in for appearances. Then go pick Dad up, tell him he slept so soundly, that you already bagged your turkey

Cook :turkey: yourself, wife is happy, she doesn’t have to cook, Dad is happy, he got the good Scotch, you are happy, you are now mighty hunter. :see_no_evil::speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil::rofl::innocent::eyes:

P.S. Works even better if you have mad photo shop skills take selfie of you and Dad in blind. Insert :turkey: between you.

5 Likes

@Zavier_D I like the way you think but that may only work for fish as I’ve bagged more than a Turkey or two and they look nothing like a butterball when you get them nekked. He’s still mad at me for shooting Turkeys in the head and b!tch3s when he blows apart a breast. He’s got this “Thing” about headshots, I happen to think they work splendidly when you hunt for meat.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

Those turkey chokes are TTTA (Tighter Than a Trout’s A**) too, so a head shot is better than a “baseball” sized wound in the breast. On windy days we use #4 shot and turkey chokes for late season pheasants who won’t hold for anything.

@Greg1 I should have specified, I use a .22LR. I’m not a big shotgun guy for hunting unless I am forced to by law. Never really knew anyone who hunted birds.

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

The mrs has a nice pickup, ok she is spoiled…but her
Pickup has birth control seats…many moons ago, my old dodge had 4 on the floor, hard to to shift with a sexy pair of legs next to me…I think I’ll have a good scotch tonite and toast to the old days…our wolf season is still open…we got tags…

2 Likes

Craig, since we have intro, my mrs came from comifornia, she was an avid duck hunter.

2 Likes