"Soccer star with bright future"

2 Likes

Stupid does stupid well deserved, I don’t think his fate would have been any different if he pulled a knife.

1 Like

Yes, he had a bright future… or maybe still does if cremation is in his future.

There is some confusion in the reporting, with the paper writing initially that the officer entered the lobby. However further along, it says the officer opened a sliding door on a bullet-resistant window and fatally shot Naji.

Naji took the stolen 9mm, pointed it at that police officer and pulled the trigger. Only but for the grace of God did the gun malfunction, but that wasn’t enough to save Naji from the fate which he himself tempted.

The officer opened fire on Naji, shooting him several times, according to First Lt. Mike Shaw, a spokesman for the Michigan State Police told the Free Press.

Shaw noted that there is really no such thing as “bulletproof” glass—only bullet resistant products which do not provide full protection.

According to a number of glass manufacturers, in fact, several different 9mm rounds are able to penetrate a number of different bullet-resistant glass products.

3 Likes

I wonder if he even check to see if the weapon even had a round in the chamber good the officer had one in the chamber,and a to carry one with out having one in the chamber,bad way to carry a weapon if that is true

2 Likes

“I have a firearm in my hand. I’m a badass.” We see the same with motorcycling. Tons of owners, rarely a rider with even a bare minimum skillset.

Both of the family attorneys are complaining that the police should have used de-escalation techniques during an indoor active shooter event.

[insert lawyer joke here]

3 Likes

If the perps civil rights were violated simply because the officer defended himself, what about the officer’s civil rights? Does he not equally have the right to not be attacked then?

7 Likes

Any lawsuit is to make money for the lawyers, maybe the family will get a little. :unamused:

5 Likes

"If the firearm did in fact malfunction, then clearly the imminent threat no longer existed.”
Or he could rack it and restore the imminent threat.

3 Likes

Lawyers say the darndest things!

He lit a little strip mall on fire thinking that he wanted to keep people warm in the wintertime.

Another atty, from this guy’s another criminal case.

2 Likes

No, and if the Qur’an is anything like the Democratic agenda, he will likely regret getting those 72 virgins. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

What a genius.

4 Likes

like Jeff Dunham’s puppet AK [hack] med

2 Likes

I was totally unaware of that act. I just watched this one, it had me LMAO!

1 Like

I was just told in another thread that if you have to rack the slide, you’re dead.
Oh wait, that’s actually what happened…

5 Likes

Wouldn’t the presentation have been the imminent threat?

4 Likes

See, there you go again, being all practical and everything.

4 Likes

That’s what I get for reading…lol

4 Likes

I don’t want to make light of the outcome, but I’d say given the imminence of the threat, the officer de-escalated the situation quickly and effectively.

7 Likes