So this just happened in my town

Welcome to the family brother @Cecil8 , glad you could join us.

I canā€™t imagine losing my 14 year old son or little brother. Too young! Such a sad story!! Thereā€™s no solution for this. You can not train stupid. If we only had swords, he would have accidentally gutted someone. I only read the first couple of paragraphs before the story gutted me. So so sad!

Including a list of rules to follow for safe and responsible gun ownership when someone acquires a firearm is an excellent idea. However, I think they should also include a list of criminal charges they could face due to careless and negligent handling of their new firearm. They should keep the list short, easy to understand and include some examples so even the dumbest individual might get the message.

Telling some people the penalties they could face for being irresponsible has more impact than giving them some rules to follow that they often choose to ignore.

1 Like

Every gun Iā€™ve ever bought has had the safety rules listed in a manual along with basic instructions on take down, cleaning, and function test. Reinforcing these three or more rules before each explanation. Every time I watch any video on any process these rules are reinforced. Some people take everything very seriously. Others canā€™t take anything seriously. Thatā€™s just the way it is.

1 Like