So, how do you intend to protect your family?

Wedding season is fast approaching, and advice to engaged couples on domestic issues from relatives and friends will be offered fast and furious.
One question worth asking a young man about to marry is: How do you intend to protect your bride/family?
Buy insurance, of course, *But what about crime? *

This is a serious question that needs to be asked more often, and is an excellent entry to discuss the 2A in a very positive way.

3 Likes

Not to be snide, but my daughter can protect herself.
Raise warrior princesses.

14 Likes

Squeeze the trigger, breathe!

10 Likes

I agree with you. For me, the only advice I offer at weddings and baby showers is “Don’t listen to all the advice people will be offering”.

7 Likes

D’ja ever notice that most of the people offering advice to newlyweds are single, and most of the people offering advice at baby showers have no children?

I think it’s because people who’ve been married and raised children know that everyone is going to make mistakes.

Or maybe it’s just the way people are wired, like how the laziest person wants to talk about sports and the fattest person always wants to give dieting advice.

6 Likes

Spot On!

4 Likes

You either marry girl with a house in quiet location or move to a good neighborhood.

That’s the advice I was given and I passed it to my kids.
Possessing the firearm is a plus, but life is worth nothing if you live in constant fear…

6 Likes

The only item that should be on the wedding registry is a Staccato :rofl:

7 Likes

You marry a girl that shares your passion for self protection and personal rights, and hopefully she enjoys your hobby of shooting as much as you do. It took me three tries to find the right woman, but three’s a charm for me. WE protect OUR family together. Still, I’m the daily carrier, and I serve as the primary protector at home and out. I like the role, but its nice to know shes got my back and is as vigilant as I.

7 Likes

:+1: Same for me. Our first date was to a gun range and a week later she bought her own pistol.

8 Likes

Right, not that I need it, but I wouldn’t go to our Priest for marriage counseling.

1 Like

Good point. I’ve had two wives, my priest has nun.

3 Likes

I intentionally raised my daughter to not need anyone. She can protect herself and anyone else just fine. Warrior Princess 4 life.

6 Likes

My daughter did 10 years in SOCOM getting deployed about every 6 months. Son is just shy of his 20. They listened to what I had to say and carried it farther than I ever intended. They’ve spend most of their post teen lives in uniform.

When I was young I decided I’d die defending my family if I had to, but I’d be much better off making sure that was not necessary or likely by planing and training ALWAYS. I know they feel the same.

8 Likes

I could not ask for a better son in law, he was an Army Medic and served over seas. We have good times going to the range. Oh, and my daughter too. I am always working with her, training her. They live off grid and they take good care of themselves. They make a good team! Couple.

3 Likes

My daughter did four years in the Corps. She can most definitely take care of herself. Her husband is ex-army & an avid hunter.

5 Likes

Snowflakes don’t have advantages such as familiarity with firearms.
That’s the point of my post.
It’s a pro 2-A opportunity.

3 Likes

Truthfully most marriages die at the kitchen table over money and emotional dishonesty/disrespect. Before you get married you need to discuss: 1. Financial Goals and Status 2. Brutally honest about likes and dislikes in sex 3. Children… When having and how to plan to discipline 4. Expectations about spending time together and where 5. Seriously discuss weapons, safety plans for house and traveling.
If you can’t discuss this before you tie the knot, then how much are both of you willing to lose of your life and sanity in a divorce down the road that could have children tying you together literally for the rest of your lives.

3 Likes

Should be just as much of the plan as selecting new furniture. :us:

2 Likes

2 Likes