Smart device

Who wants a Smart gun?

7 Likes

Well if conservatives want to be conservative they have to conserve energy. Liberals can be as liberal about energy as they want because they are liberal. I suspect that is not how it works but if you turn your head sideways an stick your tongue out just right it is right.:crazy_face:

2 Likes

Just like when Canada shut down a donation site benefiting truckers :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

OnStar, anyone?

8 Likes

Yep. And Subaru Starlink. Those telemetry radios are always “calling home” and sending info, whether you activate your subscription (so you can see the data) or not.

3 Likes

Conservatives conserve energy in their homes.
Liberals conserve energy in conservatives’ homes too.

9 Likes

That’s why I won’t own a ‘smart’ a** thermostat. Ever.

Odd that they were opted in, however.

And of course, there’s a solution to this problem: Vote Smarter.

5 Likes

You are a step behind again. You vote smart, they count your vote smarter.

6 Likes

Like little kids counting candy: One for you… Two for me… One for you… Two for me…

4 Likes

I’m house sitting this week and had a notice pop up on their smart thermostat saying that due to the predicted high temperatures this weekend you need to lower your energy consumption. It popped up on the screen when I went to turn the a/c down to 75 since “THEY” had already set it at 80 for me, THEY just left a digital post-a note telling me. :rage:

5 Likes

California outlaws gasoline powered vehicles, then announces—in order to avoid brown-outs, that residents should refrain from charging their electric cars. When will the FBI add California Governor Gavin Newsom to its Terrorist Watch List? -Larry Elder

Note how SMUD conveniently omitted electric cars from their email.

5 Likes

There’s no such thing as a smart device, a controlling device, yes!
Just yesterday my ADT rep asked if I wanted to turn my home into a smart home, really? I have a smart wife! I don’t need my house talking back to me or locking me out!

8 Likes

They installed SPY Meters in our building, I didn’t have any say in the matter. I got a friendly letter from Dominion “Your AC has been running continuously for over 72 hours. You can reduce your bill by…”. They didn’t shut anything off, I took it as an ominous reminder “We Are Watching”.

6 Likes

Meanwhile their office is a cool 60 and they’re wearing hoodies!

6 Likes

In my location Comed had given $5 off to allow them control AC units.
Whole neighborhood’s answer was :fu:

6 Likes

Ah, the memories of Comed, love to jack up their rates to kill off the older population.

6 Likes

The commoners love scraps.

4 Likes

Yet another device I won’t allow in my house.
I don’t need to “remotely” adjust my thermostat let alone have some company do it for me.

Same with these so called “smart” appliances. Why in the world does your refrigerator need an internet connection? Washer/Dryer?

6 Likes

You don’t wanna this? Who will tell you there’s no milk or cheese? Who will order these from Amazon Fresh or Walmart? Who will make you lazy, dumb gear in huge American Corporation machine? Smart devices are needed to make your life easy… :joy:, meaning… you must spend your money. Somebody else need them more than you. :wink:
Live, work, buy, repeat.

Thank God we still can breathe the rhythm we want.

4 Likes

The Middle Class will spend their hard earned money to buy the very yoke with which elites will enslave it.

I paraphased Lenin.

7 Likes