SINKHOLE SCENARIO TIME!

It’s 2021, you’re in LA on your way to work when a giant sink hole collapses right underneath of you. You fall into this huge pit and ended up in some grasslands that appear to be from pre-historic times. Everybody that was around you has also fallen into the sink hole, at the bottom it looks like you fell from the sky.

What resources do you have to keep yourself alive?

Came up with this after my dad put on a movie and watched part of it this morning when going to work.

Have fun.

6 Likes

I will finish my spliff and wake up. :relaxed:

A 2021-10-09 17-58-42

10 Likes

El eh, eh? Well I guess my 8ball of coke and pumpkin spice latte will make me a winner!

8 Likes

Falling into the sink hole could wind you up here.

6 Likes

The real question is “Why the heck was I in L.A.?” :man_facepalming:t2: If I were in L.A., I couldn’t answer the question for fear of incriminating myself. :joy:

10 Likes

Isn’t this the plot of the TV series La Brea?

10 Likes

Yes actually that’s what my dad was watching actually

3 Likes

Sinkhole in L.A. Hmmm… I’m either in Australia (bad with covid restrictions) or China (worse, origin of covid). I would get arrested if they found out about my EDC. Then, I’m screwed.

Or, I’m dead due to gravity. No more need to worry about survival.

5 Likes

I saw the pilot episode. I like sci fi and fantasy, but dialog lines like “I am not a criminal, I am a police officer” - “Is there a difference?” make me wonder if I am watching a genre I dont appreciate. Needless to say, I changed the channel and won’t be back.

7 Likes

I saw the first episode of this show. I’m a sucker for alternate reality sci-fi;)

In it the people are stuck in traffic (of course). So they have to abandon their cars and run to get away from the opening sync hole. Spoiler alert! Those that fall in end up in the distant past when dire wolves and saber tooth tigers walked the land.

Since CA violates my 2A rights, in this scenario I would be stuck with my knife, pepper spray and a small flashlight. Some of the people are able to find their cars also dumped in the past. If I was in my family vehicle and could find it I would be able to access my go bag which would likely have a small 9mm unloaded in a locked case with a couple of 10 round mags and a box of extra ammo. Plus some basic survival gear including fire starters, energy bars, rain ponchos and a water filter. The car also always has a small shovel, blankets, jackets for everyone and 4 gallons of water in it.

If I was driving my work vehicle I would have everything above plus another 7 gallons of water, over a weeks worth of food, extra clothes, axe, bow saw and a bunch of other stuff.

My wife has relatives who live along the coast near LA that we occasionally have to visit. They are nice people and the beach is fun but I hate having LA between me and a safe bug out route:(

Now I guess I also have to worry about dire wolves, saber tooth tigers and whatever version of brown bears they had back then;) Guess it is time to upgrade my pistol to a 10mm:) What’s the biggest caliber CA legal semi auto rifle I can buy?:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hard to get away from the out of touch Hollywood political point of view on TV these days. Though actors seem to have no problem with running around on screen shooting things even while they firmly believe us unwashed masses shouldn’t be able to own firearms:( The hypocrites romanticize the guns on screen but tell us how evil they are after, probably while carrying their own or at least having their armed security next to them.

At least people get to see how important it is to have a firearm when you are being attacked. The only guy with a gun saves the day. Wonder if he has the typical Hollywood bottomless magazine? I would sure like one of those!

5 Likes

Me, in LA? Not happening. Been there done that, never again. Now, a sinkhole in Louisiana, that I could almost believe! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

I have a special set of skills that will ensure that I will be fine. I would elaborate but, I will not.

9 Likes

T-Rex steak? :man_cook:

6 Likes

Brontosaurus steak, T-rex, or Saber tooth tiger does not matter. I also know how to brew beer!

8 Likes

In any post-apocalyptic scenario, you are on top of the heap.

4 Likes

Check the expiration date on the rest of the canned chili!

4 Likes

At a minimum I would have a firearm and a largish pocket knife assuming it happened in the state I reside in and the states I typically travel too. My phone does have a truly functional night vision app, so assuming it happens when I have a good charge I would be in fairly good shape the first night. If my car got sucked into the time gateway I would be in better shape, I would have a trauma kit and two tourniquets, extra magazines with amo, a fixed blade knife, lighter, flashlight, hand sanitizer fixed blade knife and a multitool. If it would be a range day even better! They do show the vehicles able to turn over, but not start. I at least know enough to recharge my phone with the battery and ignition. Flashlights could be charged as well. With the large animals they have shown I would suspect that a 9 mm or a 45 would be a bit light and may PO most of them, like the direwolves and saber toothed tigers. A shot to the head probably would not penetrate the skull of either. I saw this tv show, I will give it 1 season, then it will be done.

3 Likes

The problem is finding the ingredients, especially the hops and yeast!

4 Likes

So let’s go with vodka. This one can be made from anything. :wink:

6 Likes