Single action semiauto trigger pull

Thank you for that information. I did not know there are 1911’s out there in 22 cal.

I thank you both, Jerzy and Kurt17, for your concern and imput.

I 'm a long time JMB 1911 carrier but recently have switched to striker-fired. I too looked for that same trigger and found it in the S&W M&P. Now after saying all that, IMO, it’s not safe to have a 2-3lb trigger on a striker-fired pistol and CCW, because, with alot of them, the trigger is the only safety, so the factory trigger pull is up to 8lbs. I don’t have personal experience with 'em, but the Springfield XD does have a grip safety so you could potentially get that one down to 2-3lbs. I just did a trigger job on my M&P today and got it from 8lb to 4lb and I’m real happy with that. BTW, I’m 62 and I too have arthritis in my hands, so, anyway, you can’t shoot with your second finger? In the 80s, a fellow came out with what he called the “point-shoot method”, where you actually shoot with your middle finger and extend your index finger straight forward, along the frame. His logic was that we, all our life, naturally point our finger at anything and everything, very accurately, so you point that index finger at your target and shoot with your second finger and you don’t even have to aim. I (in my 20s) tried it for awhile and with some practice, it becomes 2nd nature but I went back to the standard way (it fell in the category of, I’d already practiced the standard way all my life ( and 8 years of USMC) and I didn’t want to change at that point and take the chance, in an armed confrontation, of hesitating (or fumbling) getting confused about which finger to shoot with.). I DID decide that if I lost my index finger or injured it so that I couldn’t shoot with it, I’d definitely go back to that other way. YMMV

I owned a Browning 1911 22. I shot a lot with it until one day I realized that my accuracy had advanced beyond that platform. I sold off the little Browning and bought a BuckMark. The BuckMark is much more accurate for me and a lot of fun to shoot. I have been known to fire off 300 rounds of 22LR in one session back when that cost 20-25 bucks… There are a whole series of 22LR target pistols somewhat like my BuckMark but they aren’t usually understood to be carry guns. I have never shot a Browning 1911 380. I think it has better ballistics than the 22 and may work for you. Under normal circumstances I would expect to find the 380 version for rental at my range. Hard to say what they are renting at this moment in time. Haven’t been to the range since last March.

Clarence, thank you for your input. I appreciated your remarks about the second finger. Since that finger is still working fairly well for me, I am going to pursue that avenue. I agree that any trigger as light as I would like on a pistol would definitely require a safety. Thank you for taking the time and interest to reply to my situation. I appreciate your concern and advice.

Daniel, thank you very much for your information about the Browning 1911 in 380. I appreciate your info and advice.

Patrick,
there isn’t much that compares to the single action of a revolver–but if you’re talking self defense, most people will rightly warn you away from a super light trigger for a defensive ‘carry’ pistol.
The solution, as Craig mentions–is the 1911 platform. You can get it in a 9 or 10mm or a .380, .38 super or .45acp.
Barrel lengths are everything from around 2 inches to 5 inches. Trigger pull is adjustable on some of the fancier ones.
I have subcompact 9mm (Sig 938), commander length (4") and full size (5"). The subcompact is very small and fairly light. The rest get heavier.