Simunition Training

Has anyone been to a training class?

1 Like

Yes. Several.

1 Like

Hopefully ALL of us… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I attend simulation classes every month. Much better training than shooting in the line.

2 Likes

Plenty of bruises to prove it.

2 Likes

@Ouade5 … try simulation at home then :joy:

A 2021-03-19 09-25-09

…just kidding… more realistic training - better prepared we are.

1 Like

Are we talking about simulations or simunition?

2 Likes

so… these bruises were not from tactical training, you just wasn’t careful enough and had been shot? :thinking:

1 Like

I thought we were talking about simunition. Yes, I’ve been shot with simunition. Yes, it hurts. It hurts even more when you look at the color and realize you were shot by your own team. Simunition will definitely make you rethink your tactics, which is the whole point of training with it. But if that’s not what everyone else is talking about, then ignore me.

2 Likes

@Ouade5 - you are 100% correct… I think (again ) I need glasses… :woozy_face:
Sorry guys, my mistake. Why the hell I still see: “Simulation Training” :lying_face:

So “simulation” YES… “simuniotion” NO :roll_eyes:

No, No… Ignore ME :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Well you use simunition to simulate real world scenarios so they go hand in hand;) I am very interested in eventually taking a class that uses simunition to practice various scenarios. Especially now that “cheap” target ammo costs almost as much as simunition ammo!

2 Likes

This is really interesting. My only concern is how simunition usage relates to firearms safety rules. There is no way you can follow them in such training.

1 Like

It’s usually a very highly controlled environment. But, the simunition training helps users to understand the outcome of their tactics. “Let pain be the teacher” I like to say. With the understanding that the 3 rules still apply to real situations, we can train with our EDC firearms in a “like real” scenario that can result in pain, causing us to react more as we would in a real encounter.

3 Likes

Nobody anywhere near me offers courses with these. I would like to do some, but when I looked up the cost, I believe the cost of simunition rounds was something like $27 a round. I can’t do that.

1 Like

You and me both. It’s getting worse all the time.

3 Likes

I have seen them advertised in the past for $1/round. But you would also need to get all the safety gear. Would likely be best to find a class with a high quality trainer. If you get enough interested people you might be able to get the trainer to come to you??

2 Likes

I believe they have made simunitiom guns not run live rounds anymore (I think some used to and there were some accidents :grimacing:). I also think most schools that use simunition ban firearms during the class.

I would love to take a class, but they are usually thousands of dollars from what I’ve seen. Could just be the schools in my area though. (Around minute two in the video)

2 Likes

Absolutely, and a good force-on-force class with simunition can really help your skills.

4 Likes

Not sure what all the available options are, but yeah, I usually have to replace the barrel. And it’s usually a different color so there’s no mistaking that we have something different. It’s kind of like the different sized pumps for diesel at the gas station. You’re right, you can’t necessarily just buy sim rounds and shoot them out your EDC.

3 Likes