Signs You're Getting Old - Or Older

Lol, yeah it’s funny how true that meme is the older I get.

4 Likes

I remember Howdy Doody too…pluck your magic twanger Froggy

magic - Bing video twanger Froggy&shtp=GetUrl&shid=2a2dcfc7-7749-4b4c-9bac-94b49dc8b5a6&form=VDSHOT&shth=OVP.6mk5N3W2mkMVOshEnB_rzgHgFo

4 Likes

Glad I wasn’t drinking my tea reading your post. :laughing:

3 Likes

Had a local show called Captain Kangaroo… My mom was a guest one day, I went to the studio…Local station, live broadcasting…nope, I take that back. It was the Ranger Andy show that was local, as this link shows the Captain was pretty big

Ranger Andy…taking me way back

5 Likes

I had an 8 Track Tape Player in my Corvair Spider, Stereophonic, well mostly, some tapes were Mono.

5 Likes

I remember!

5 Likes

We had J.P. Patches

5 Likes

Too bad we cannot go back to that time.

5 Likes

I had a Mitstisishi rear projection that was over a thousand dollars new. After the plasma & LCD flat screens hit the market, we called it “The Buick” & it was the garage TV until it crapped out 15 years later

4 Likes

I’m remembering Captain Kangaroo and also watching Bozo the clown and a show called Wonderama hosted by Bob McCallister.

4 Likes

When I was a kid we could get it from any drugstore. Then a friend of mine found out that we could get it (and several other wonderful chemicals) at the farm store and it was a WHOLE lot cheaper.

2 Likes

How old are you, friend? I used to lead USAF Cadet Corps PT and get along pretty well, but damn sure can’t follow your regimen. I’m 85 and healthy as a horse without the green teeth.

4 Likes

A spritely 62, Greg, though at age 23, the tech thought the bone scan of my spine was the sample of an 87 year old with severe arthritis :smirk:. I found that if I keep moving I hurt less, so, I keep moving. lost feeling in my legs for a couple years, then from 35-53 I couldn’t run,but walked and biked a lot. Having the mind of a child helps as well.
Guys like you are my inspiration.
My mom is 86, unfortunately on a downside mentally, but was giving tennis lessons at age 80. Sprained her ankle, didn’t take enough time to heal properly, and that started the depression…

2 Likes

mattm Captain Kangaroo

I remember some time back, Lee Marvin (the actor) mentioned on the Johnny Carson Show that when he was in the Service, Capt.K., was his Sargent and thaty he (Lee) would follow him anywhere. I guess meaning that even if he was going to “Hell” that he would follow him there (Capt.K.).
Never heard anything like about Cap.K.
j@r😎

2 Likes

@Richard298[quote=“Richard298, post:73, topic:72671, full:true”]
Now that is funny - Thanks. I am stealing it…
[/quote]
As long as you tack granny for a ride, good to go.

1 Like

It must be my age, ( or poor communication skills by advertisers) but lately it seems that after watching some commercials you have no idea what they are selling, or they expect you to go to their website to figure it out. I’m also irritated by commercials for products who then use their 30 seconds to lecture me on their liberal politics. Nancy8

5 Likes

@Bruce26 >>> The other night I counted eleven commercial in a row and
most of them were for drugs. Cant see what the drug is for but if you read fast enough you could see the side effects but I think you can take a pill for the side effects too. I watch wagon train, guns smoke and the rifle man with the sound turned off and I’m getting good at reading lips. Most of the time I can’t hear any how.
PS: I don’t listen to the news anymore because I wind up yelling at the tv
and I have to stop yelling cause I live in a red flag state, if someone calls the FUZZ they could take my firearms away.
( READ MY LIPS )

4 Likes

Nancy8 is :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: She is always hollering at the TV.

1 Like

The first phone we had (that I remember) was a very old desk phone that was hard wired into the wall. I’m not sure but I think it was one of the first kind that had a one-piece receiver that sat in the cradle until you needed to use it.
Looked a lot like the one in this picture:

3 Likes

Drug Commercials! Who in their right mind goes to the doctor and says ,“Can I try some of that Zotar? I heard it is good for this??? but, I just want to ask you what you think?” I believe the doctor will end up doing a mental exam on you. p.s. this medicine can cause anal seepage and who really wants to take a chances with that.

5 Likes