Signs You're Getting Old - Or Older

@James918 Welcome to the community. I think you might be right about what ever we were talking about. :thinking: :confused: :joy: Oh ya doorways I think :thinking:

2 Likes

You turn down driving your son’s new Harley the day before his wedding because you know the risk is low, but not zero :hushed:

3 Likes

How’s about when you get one of these. :joy::joy:

4 Likes

@Johnny60. >> this reminds me of a guy that use to say “ wait a minute stop the music stop the music & good night Miss calabash were ever you are
Gotta be Jimmy Durante ? :us::us::us:

6 Likes

There is a resemblance there brother @Blacky .

2 Likes
4 Likes

Taking a leak is actually an event.

3 Likes

strong and positive social networks were sixty percent less likely to show signs of dementia.
I was going to go deep phycological with this but I decided not to. Your welcome!
I was thinking of how bad the younger ones are now. But, then I remember 1969 when HIPPIES were hip. Can you dig it? Far out! Groovy! The older folks said the same thing. Not groovy and far out either. They said, Those kids are going to ruin are country. Now they are running our government.
The thing that got me is, guys I went to school with are retiring! I am not ready to retire, What would I do then?

6 Likes

okayyyyy…and what’s the first sign that you’re approaching…uh, you know…the thing? :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I forget.

4 Likes

It took me a while to get use to retirement. We value ourselves on our work accomplishments and, productivity. When you do retire people think they have to give you things to keep you busy. When my wife asked me what I did today I tell her I had fun. EVERY DAY IS SUNDAY EXCEPT SATURDAY. I Worked hard all my life ~ now I’m going to play hard for the rest of my life. PS : if she says “ I thought
You had fun yesterday I tell her : “ I forgot “
:us::us::us:

8 Likes

I think that one reason some people pass early is because they never took up even one hobby during their lives - everything was work, work, work and they never let themselves live a little. Even gardening will keep you busy and your mind sharp.

7 Likes

@KURT17 yep - even when I’m at the range I hear “ gotta get going because “
bla-bla-
:us::us::us:

2 Likes

Remember a saying from the 60s and 70’s “Don’t trust anyone over 30”. For some reason this topic brought that to mind

4 Likes

when I tried talking to “the kids” in my shop, I found out they were all wearing ear buds. No problem, I have great conversation with the voices in my head.

5 Likes

Grown ups are dilutional. They have no understanding of what is going on around them. They just can’t understand me.
Did you ever think that?
Now the youngsters just do not understand that we had to use a dime in a phone booth to call home in a phone booth to tell mom that I was at Joes house and I would be back before it got dark.

4 Likes

@mattm >> that’s not good << spend some time with my friends and, get a free
Evaluation. You might have to stay a while longer because of those voices in your
You head. >>

3 Likes

Nah, no issue. Me and the voices get along great these days. Great memories, and same philosophies. Beards in my family are hereditary…first time my kid visited after getting out of the Marines…I said “who the heck is that with the HAIR!!!”…then I remembered it had been awhile since I saw a mirror, though mine is shorter, thinner and grayer these days…d’oh…this is him…Chewbacca. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I worked in an asylum for awhile in my barely 20’s. Psychiatric aide was the description, had 7 patients, 3 guys who murdered family members…in the same bedroom :thinking: I watched co workers get randomly attacked, watched 300 pound body guards quit in 2 hours…yet I never had a problem, except for the time I took Henry out for a beer :crazy_face:

3 Likes

#99 - You can take all of your daily pills with coffee.

4 Likes

My personal favorites… both kinda the same. 1. Looking for your glasses while wearing them and 2. Thinking you lost your phone while talking on it. Oh… and picking up your phone to Google something and forgetting what it was you were going to Google.

8 Likes