Sig Sauer M18

Anyone purchase or get some range time with Sig’s newer P320-M18? I was considering purchasing it and possibly using it for Concealed Carry. I prefer IWB carry. I wasn’t sure if it was too bulky or not. I haven’t seen one in person. I was hoping someone on here would have some insight.

Thanks.

For those unfamiliar, here is a link to the firearm.

2 Likes

Not particularly M18, but regular P320C is a nice shooter.
It conceals nicely if this size fits you. It seems a little bulky, but it has still good dimensions for almost 4" barrel handgun.
If double stack works for you as CC and you are comfortable with thumb safety - M18 is the tool you will love.

4 Likes

I have carried my P320C and X-Carry IWB. The carry model (17 Rounds) with the longer grip is more of a challenge, which is what the M18 will be. The easy fix there if grip length is an issue is to purchase a compact grip module and 15 round magazines. Makes a significant difference. Overall I do not feel the 320s are to “thick” to carry IWB. They are a little chunkier than a Glock, but I’ve always carried them without issue. The Vedder Lighttuck Holster really works for me with compact duty size guns.

4 Likes

Thanks. I am currently carrying a SIG P365 with thumb safety using the Vedder Lighttuck. I really like the gun, just not a huge fan of how small it is.

2 Likes

@CDW15 - if P365 feels small, M18 will be perfect for you.

I’ve experienced the same. Single stack handgun is too small for my hand (even I have average, medium hands) . None of handguns I liked worked for me: MP Sheld, P365, Mossberg MC1.
I ended up with CZ P-01, which had very similar dimensions to M18.

5 Likes

I broke down last month a bought a P365xl. I agree with the size issue with single stacks and guns like the 365. I will say I’m enjoying the xl so far. I’ve been carrying a couple weeks and so far it’s working pretty well. It’s still thin but it does fill the hand better.

1 Like

We should call @Dawn out here. She has the best experience with both models.

1 Like

I’ve got the Sig 320SC and the 365. The 320SC was a bit harder for me to conceal. With the 365, I was able to switch to appendix carry which I find more comfortable.

It all depends on how you want to carry and what you’re confident shooting. The M18 is a bit larger and probably easier to shoot than the 365 (may not be a huge difference for you depending on the size of your hands and your grip).

It’s like should I get a Honda Civic or a Honda Pilot? Which size will work best for you?

I’ll be on the lookout for the M18, I haven’t seen one in person yet…

3 Likes

Have you considered the P365XL?

1 Like

I haven’t considered the XL. Worth it?

1 Like

Well its alittle bigger than the P365 but still concealable. I appendix carry mine everyday. I also like the fact that it has the X series upgrades. Like, flat trigger and the grip module has a bigger beaver tail. Better grip in my opinion.

2 Likes

I haven’t had my XL very long but long enough I’ve ran a lot of rounds through it and carried it a few weeks now. I specifically ran it alongside my P320 X-Carry when I purchased it and as expected I performed better with the XC but the XL was not lagging that far behind and speed/accuracy was negligible under 10 yards. The 365 series is a fantastic platform in either size. I carried the 365 for almost a year and I really can’t tell a great difference with the extra size, other than being able to get a better purchase on the pistol when I draw (I carried the flush 10 rd mag), which is huge.

2 Likes

My son just picked up a P320 Compact we shot yesterday. Nice gun! I told him if he did not carry it I would add to my carry group. Accurate, shot very good groups at 10 yards.

1 Like

Talking about the P365XL. It is a great carry gun I really love it. I can carry it really well IWB and never prints or anything at all and sitting in my work truck or personal truck I forget it is even there

When they are in stock… You can get the 365 XL grip frame from Sig for not much cash. Works fine with the 365. So you can turn your 365 into a 365XL for cheap. Only difference would be the trigger, and the 365 barrel is a little shorter than the XL.

Not that I am trying to talk you out of a new gun. :grinning:

2 Likes

THE M18 will have a longer grip profile which I am sure you know is the hardest part to conceal. If you carry at the 6oclock area its probably the easiest to conceal. I carry a 365 appendix with the 15 rd mag and it does show just the slightest but when I have asked people I know they say they can’t notice. I agree if you don’t like the size of the 365 hold an xl or a 320 compact before the m17 or m18.

1 Like

Yes, solid. My brother-in-,law, '91 marine vet infantry, obviously was issued the Beretta, he shot the m17 and loved it! I could not get it away from him at the range. I witnessed and he attested that he shot better with the m17 then the Beretta. (And he is a HUGE fan of his M9)
I guess that says something.

1 Like

I have shot the M18 and really liked it. Liked it so much that I bought a non-manual safety full size nitron finish P320. Liked that so much, that when I tripped across a used P320 X-Compact, I bought it. The P320 series, which the M18 is a part of, is a very modular and nice system. I have those two P320’s and the P365. For concealed carry, I prefer the X-Compact or the P365 depending on my clothes, where I’m going, and what I’m doing. The P320 X-Compact has their X series grip module which the main difference is a bit better grip due to the more defined beaver tail, optics ready slide, X-Ray3 night sights, and the X series flat trigger. I like the Sig flat trigger so much that I swapped the trigger on my P365 to the P365XL flat trigger, and my P320 full size to the X-series trigger to match my X-compact.

The X-compact and X-carry are specifically designed for concealed carry by Sig. They come with all the bells and whistles that Sig could pack into the gun for it to be ideal for concealed carry. I prefer the compact since the grip is enough to fill my hand, but not so long that it’s hard to conceal like the full size or carry grip length.

2 Likes