Shout out to the Veterans and Military

Kerryman71, thank you for your service!

We’re honored to have so many veterans here.

2 Likes

It was my pleasure. Well, maybe not the food so much, but other than that…

3 Likes

Amen to the food being bad… coffee wasnt great either… both killed a friend of mine :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you for your service, @AAlan and @BryanG! We’re so proud to have you in the USCCA Community!

3 Likes

Thank you all for your service and Welcome home!
I say welcome home in reference to the Vietnam era vets mostly, it applies to all, but the vets that served in Vietnam never got the welcome home that they well deserved, I have many friends from that era, and they have all told me, this is what makes them feel better.
God Bless you all. :us:

6 Likes

I couldn’t post a picture in a comment on facebook, but I can do it here! The thread was about trigger discipline. I have a picture of a very young me in the Navy. We were involved in a training exercise on our destroyer. I snuck into my equipment room and took a selfie. (Back in 1988, we didn’t do selfies. We took pictures of ourselves! I had a Canon AE-1 Program that had a 10-second timer,) I couldn’t find the picture for about 25 years. After I started carrying, I wondered about the picture, and if I had good trigger discipline. Found the picture, and there it was!

trigger%20discipline

7 Likes

Awesome trigger discipline, @AAlan!

(There’s a reason we don’t let people post pictures on our Facebook page :confused: It’s definitely a different world on there.)

5 Likes

@AAlan,

Yes, In the US Navy we had to have good trigger finger discipline as everything being STEEL the ricochets would definitely take everyone out! Thank You fellow shipmate for your service and for getting home safe and sound.

3 Likes

Most welcome, y’all. This is a great forum even though I am quite busy at times. Retirement = moving on to another career or interest.

2 Likes

Thank you, and you’re very welcome. I don’t believe in mandated conscription, but I do believe its an experience every young person should have. It was, literally, the best of times and the worst of times. 30 years later, even the bad times are good memories. I know some who experienced much worse than I did, and still feel the effects. Much praise and prayers for them.

2 Likes

image image image

8 Likes

Couldn’t figure out adding picks. Just act like the non people photos aren’t there. They’re not important. The elderly man is my paw paw with maw maw. We have been serving our country for many years. I joined the Army in 1985 and served honorably until 1989. I joined the National Guard afterwards and went in and out until 2004. Was scheduled to deploy to Iraq but disabilities, now official, prevented it.

Thank you all for your service.

4 Likes

Ok, a fun one. I was asked to draw up a small cabinet to store an arc welder. I snuck this into the pile. It almost made it over to SIMA. It was a beautiful day, and the Chief decided to walk over instead of just driving and dropping off the stack of papers. As he was walking, he was thumbing through the requests, and found this. “McCabe! This is not a good time for a joke!” Actually, it was a great time for a joke, just wish SIMA had gotten to see it.
Sampson%20Drawing%20001

3 Likes

I fixed it for you, Mark! :smiley:

Those are amazing pictures! Thank you for sharing them!

3 Likes

To all my brothers and sisters in arms my heartfelt thanks for your selfless service.

Christopher Marano
Hospital Corpsman 3rd class USN (1988 - 1996)

7 Likes

I wanna thank you all who served it is definitely appreciated, I could not because of medical condition but many of my family members did. GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

6 Likes

To ALL that have served past and present thank you for your service and God bless you.

8 Likes

Thanks to all who have severed, its an honor to stand with fellow vets.

And thank you @Dawn for making this post, there can never be enough thanks for all the vets.

6 Likes

Well since some other guys posted pics, I will too. Mosul Iraq 08-09.

FB_IMG_1550298601424 FB_IMG_1550298321283 FB_IMG_1550694100305 FB_IMG_1550695118367FB_IMG_1550695132373

9 Likes

Thank you and thanks to all of my sisters and brothers who have also served.

5 Likes