Should you carry with one in the chamber?

Thank you @Johnnyq60 you’re right

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback @Dave17

3 Likes

Welcome to the family,from Michigan.

2 Likes

One thing, try an experiment.

Load your firearm, chamber a rd, and then sit it on a table and watch it. If it does not fire on it’s own, you are safe to carry it with a rd chambered.

NOTE:
I have yet to see a firearm pull it’s own trigger.

8 Likes

I carry with 1 in chamber myself. That’s how I was taught by instructor, talked to my husband, & bought a CZ that I feel safe carrying a round in chamber. Knowledge is the first & foremost.

6 Likes

@Kevin29, I’ll like this comment if only for its sarcastic wit. Thanks for the outstanding tip.

3 Likes

Yes, & I would explain why having one in chamber is better than not doing so.

4 Likes

Actually @Kevin29’s tip is amazing.
Fear about chambered round is only created by our mind, nothing else. There is no 50/50 or 60/40 or any other chance it would fire or not. IT WON’T FIRE. Our mind has to accept it somehow and the best way to learn it is to either watch loaded gun or walk with holsters and chambered firearm at home, when we feel safe.

6 Likes

@Jerzees I agree with you.

5 Likes

According to this guy they do…all the time. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

Mine got up, and made me a sammich. Is that cause for concern?

7 Likes

A 1,000 Thumbs up!!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

5 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and you are blessed to be here.

2 Likes

Just wanna comment on adjusting things. If you’ve driven somewhere n are packing, best time to adjust is upon exiting your vehicle n being sure nobody can see…act like your just straightening your shirt n belt after getting out of vehicle. After that, leave things alone. Like others say, it tips your hand and can make u look like a potential threat.

6 Likes

Agreed. When not in my truck, I’m driving my wife’s tiny car… I’m 6’4" and 250… It’s almost impossible to get the seatbelt buckled if I don’t shift the position of my firearm back to around 4:30. After I get where I’m going, I unbuckle the seatbelt and adjust my firearm while still in the car. After that, no touchy! I was in academy this weekend, and there was a guy standing one person in front of me. He kept touching the grip, to make sure it was still there. I knew what was happening, but it still made the other people in line and me nervous. The fidgeting gets me every time!

4 Likes

Welcome to the family,from Michigan.

3 Likes

look that guy got his finger on the trigger, I guess he don’t know the safety rules - keep your darn finger off the trigger until you know your target and beyond.

5 Likes

He might be the guy that shot his three fellow members. Could this be a before picture? :rofl: :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Now thats funny. Too bad the gun control folks don’t realize.

I’d like to do a seminar for them. They’d come in and see a loaded AR-15 on the table with other loaded weapons. Once everyone was seated, I’d say:

“Good morning folks. The purpose of this seminar is to sit for two hours and see which of these weapons will get up and start shooting. The first weapon to do so will be banned”.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

11 Likes

As I am new to the concealed carry community I called the local sheriff to find out if this was permitted. It was. I have a firearm with a DA so I can decock and feel safer. God bless those folks with IWB. I wouldn’t want something pointed at my family jewels that could possibly discharge. Mine is OWB and I’m glad!

4 Likes