Shot timer recommendation

I’m looking for a shot timer for myself, that can be used at home (dry firing) and on the range.
What are YOU using?
What are the thoughts about SHOTMAXX-2, which seems to be perfect solution for indoor range. Anybody uses it?

I have used the Pact Club Shot Timer for years. Our club used them for years and hardly an issue. Fairly simple, so may not have all the features you want.

1 Like

I highly recommend Competitive Edge Dynamics. Have been using their shot timers for about 2 decades now. I rate them higher than Pact due to the features.

Cannot speak to the model you mentioned. I’ve never seen one in person.

1 Like

CED7000 perhaps?
I was chaking this on Internet. That would be my first choice, however I was wondering if anybody here used SHOTMAXX-2 which has got accelerometer sensors (useful at indoor range with multi shooters)

1 Like

I have the CED and Pact , the Pact being my favorite due to simplicity. CED does have more options but is too complicated for me.

You can also get decent performance just use a Shot Timer App on a cell phone, I started out that way and evolved.

1 Like

Thank you guys for all shared info.

:+1:

The CED7000 is a really good timer. My dad uses one, so I’ve played with that. It’s very compact and I’ve considered buying one just due to the smaller size (it’s even on my A wish list).

I personally use an older model CED6000 that I’ve had for close to 20 years. It’s a really good timer, though it is rather large. Large enough that I use a Motorola radio pouch on my belt to hold it. I also use the CED8000 timer at work. It’s an upgraded version of the 6000 with similar features in a more compact package. Both of these timers have plate jacks if you ever want to run head-to-head competitions with stop plates.

That said, unless I’m doing some formal training, I tend to use one of the free shot timer apps on my smarty-pants phone if I’m just running some solo training and want to see how my times are, or just want a random start beep.

1 Like

Give this a look. Not only is it a shot timer it comes with various shooting drills to enhance skills.

https://www.timeontargetapps.com/

They have versions for both Android and Apple devices.

1 Like

Can shot timers be used with air soft guns?

My works with BB. I cannot say if it works with airgun.
There are timers designed for air guns or smartphone apps that can be calibrated for them.

Thanks for info.

CED makes one designed for airsoft

Thank you