Short break

Yes… I did it for purpose… but… quoting somebody…

1 Like

Yes, you read that correctly. As opposed to a long brake, foot brake, or a hand brake. Did you get the feeling that he was trolling you? :rofl:

1 Like

Great post, I agree, time for a break, even though I do not contribute much in the way of posting, I do however read alot. And alot of what I was reading here really disturbed me…

1 Like

Words cannot hurt you… Unless you let them…

4 Likes

sadly… there are many disturbing things going on currently that fire some folks up…

and they make comments…

happens on the net… people sometimes make comments that are very unwise or even stupid…

most of what I see here seem to be… well… actually fairly mild…

most that is… taking a break is understandable… best wish’s…

7 Likes

Short break I agree with you. This is supposed to be about encouraging one another to be safe, responsible, and respectful gun owners! Most, if not all of us became gun owners to protect our families. This isn’t the forum to espouse your political views, so please keep them to yourself. Everyone please have a nice evening. :+1:

4 Likes

:thinking: Hmmm… Last we checked it was still a free country :us: And a free speech forum. :us:
@Earl37 Welcome to our community.

5 Likes

Hey man!, Sometimes I take a break to just be taking a break. That goes with anything I am doing. Got to step back regain perspective then reengage. In a lot of things that’s where I did my best work. Hang in there

2 Likes

I gotta go with OldDude49. I don’t spend a lot of time on this (or any) forum), but yeah, we aren’t even the bat boys in the leagues of some other forums for inappropriate posts.

3 Likes

I agree, Quade5. Tempers are flaring to extremes on both sides of 2A issues. All our politicians seem to be trying to spin these tragedies to benefit each of them personally. I, too, took an oath many years ago, one to defend the Constitution and our country against all enemies, foreign and domestic. I DO NOT recall anything in my oath about pandering to political parties or cult personalities–or to my personal feelings.

Before I join you in hiatus, I’ll leave these thoughts:

None of the rights enumerated in our Constitution are absolute. Freedom of speech does not extend to promoting harmful lies to the public, freedom of religion does not include allowing human sacrifice, freedom of the press does not allow the malicious propagation of known falsehoods, etc. Let’s remember our nation was founded on the principles of moderation for the common good to “promote the general Welfare” and “insure domestic Tranquility.” I don’t recall anything about meaningless bickering about unimportant details. For example, what’s really wrong with universal background checks? I get a background check every time I purchase a firearm or renew my CCL. Big deal since I have nothing to hide, and I’ll gladly “suffer” the inconvenience if it prevents even one felon or maniac from taking a single innocent life.

5 Likes

the thing IIRC about the UNIVERSAL background checks is because it is different from the background checks we now take…

the universal system would create and maintain a database of firearms owners information!

so they would KNOW where you are how many guns etc etc… ALL the time!

it would track you me and everyone else… which is a BIG NO NO and an invasion of privacy…

as well as a database that could be used to confiscate every firearm from every owner…

4 Likes

I understand also. Being right-minded on some things and left on others you get attacked from both sides. I left FB and have taken breaks from Twitter. I’m here because I like to shoot and I want to be the best I can at self defense, that’s it, end of story as far as this goes.
Have a good weekend Jerzy!

5 Likes

I SHOULD OF known that.

I don’t know if this isn’t the right forum. Aside from the abortion issue the gun issue is probably the most contentious political issue facing the country. If the discussion is about guns I don’t think it’s possible to keep politics out of it.

4 Likes

To the folks making snide comments - we are all on the same team here, and everyone doesn’t have to agree with your political, religious, or overall stance on all guns. Sometimes you just gotta know when to stfu. I’d tell you in person just the same, believe that.

Every. Single. One. Of us paid to be a member and we all carry for protecting the people we love. That should be enough.

To the OP- It is rational to come to the forum and call it out, I think everyone understands on some level. Thank you for carrying and being a part of the 2A community. Keep doing what you need to.

6 Likes

That is not the case here.
USCCA Community is separated from USCCA / Delta Defense. You don’t need to be a USCCA Member to join this Community.
However I’m not sure if the problem described by @Ouade5 refers to these members. There are a lot of people (including me) who are Community Members only, not using USCCA as an Insurance or Training Company.
Unfortunately there are a lot of people who claim to be a USCCA Full Members who fits OP statement.
And that is the shame.
As @Charles498 mentioned:

:point_up_2: this is what should keep us united. Instead of this we run small wars inside our own house… and 2A opponents are laughing at us, waiting and watching how easily this Community quality is going down.

I’ve been part of this Family since 2019 and have been trying to keep this place the way it was designed:
Your Place for Self-Defense Education, Training and Discussions with Responsibly Armed Americans.
Sadly, these days, this place is closer to common social media portal than 2A / Firearm Forum.

I’m hoping @Ouade5 will be back soon and we won’t see more short or longer breaks taken by valuable Members of this Community.

BTW… Welcome to the Community @Charles498 :handshake:

5 Likes

@Jerzees well said, thank you. Happy to be part of the group.

2 Likes

I did the same thing took a break for a couple of weeks
@Arnie_W you must be an army veteran 18th airborne III corp artillery Hoooah :us:

1 Like

You are right we all do not need to believe the same. However, we are all “allowed” to have an opinion, and no, we do not need to STFU just because you do not like the opinion. Where things get “contensious” is when people imply that one is stupid for not believing as they do, denigrate him/her for their beliefs, or that that person should STFU.

I believe that infringing on our ability to defend ourselves and loved ones (“gun control”) is stupid, but I debate the idea. I don’t see where limiting my abilities aids in my defense. Police never seem to be called on to have limited capacity magazines, but we are, amongst other things.

Who do we read about in the news killing innocent people or “defenseless” criminals, the police or law-abiding CC holders? Who is the most likely of those two groups to kill someone? Yet, it is us that are called on to limit our rights and abilities.

Our rights have eroded more than far enough. I believe in my state and federal constitutions, including where they say “shall not be infringed.” Giving in to “gun control” has not solved the problem. Look at the Democratic states where they have the strictest “gun control” and tell me how well that is working.

4 Likes

@Dave17 Agree with everything you’re saying about freedoms, but I don’t think we should be descending to personal attacks when someone doesn’t align with a particular ideology or beliefs. All I’m saying (and I think the OP is saying), it isn’t helping our 2A efforts and makes people less inclined to listen.

Just my 2c.

1 Like