Shooting at a Louisville Kentucky Bank

Situation analysis and body cam videos.

1 Like

My company is pushing this, too. Not officially, but certain people of influence have decided it’s important, so old dinosaurs like me who just want to get work done are viewed unfavorably. Folks who worry so much about pronouns have apparently never been down on the production floor making actual money for the company. The favorite pronouns down here are gender neutral but not permitted to spell out.

3 Likes

Ed Monk preaches that statistically an active killer shoots one every 10 seconds. The killer sat waiting for police for 1.5 minutes. Left him 1.5 minutes to shoot 9 people Wow, no statistical anomaly here. My understanding from the talking heads is that the bank had a no weapons policy for employees. You might say that those who died in that conference room who complied with that policy were dead right. Not much consolation for the families. And so it goes

4 Likes

It must give grieving families such comfort to know that their loved ones were unarmed when they needed to defend themselves. I’m surprised priests don’t mention this at the funerals.

2 Likes

Statistics also show that these incidents usually take place in gun free zones and are usually committed by people with left leaning ideologies.

Given this was a virtual gun free zone and this shooter appeared to be anti Trump based on some of there posts, it seems that this was a text book case.

And before the people on the left jump all over me. I don’t think left leaning people are evil. I’m just pointing out that the anti self defense media paints the picture that most these active shooters are white, racist religious fanatics. That simply is not the case.

My theory for the left leaning backgrounds of most of these shooters is that people on the left tend to come from urban a suburban backgrounds where they aren’t introduced to firearms as useful tools from a young age. Instead they learn to aggrandize firearms as omnipotent talismans thanks to their primary exposure coming from anti self defense media, movies and video games.

1 Like

Tragic and amazing. What all need to know to save lives.

1 Like

Someone years ago pointed out that “active shooters” typically aren’t associated with outdoor sports. Not blaming video games, necessarily, just noting that the typical profile for a homicidal monster doesn’t usually include hobbies like camping, hunting, or even golf.

If that observation holds, it would also makes sense that people raised in the shooting sports wouldn’t be the people who use firearms to commit mass murder. It should be more common for a mass shooter to have learned glorified homicide worship from unreliable sources like movies, video games, or the news.

3 Likes

I can see there being something to the outdoors theory. I actually grew up in the burbs with almost no experience with real firearms. Though it was before the time of violent video games and easy access to violent movies. But we had woods and swamp behind our house and all the neighborhood kids spent a significant amount of our free time outdoors with a much smaller percentage in front of screens.

I would likely be a significantly different person physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually if I had grown up spending most of my time indoors in front of screens.

4 Likes

On that note I am going out and trim some trees that got damaged by all the snow we been having.

2 Likes

Really don’t know what to say anymore, we pray, we talk things over, we plan, we train, we communicate to politicians, an nothing seems to prevent, what are we missing :confused:

2 Likes

What we are missing is responsible armed and trained citizens being allowed to carry in certain locations (gun free zones, banks, etc.), and reducing the abundance of movies and video games that glorify gun violence. Just my two cents. :wink:

4 Likes

I recall several decades ago, in NYC, when the Guardian Angels formed up and started patrolling the streets, the NYPD targeted them, lobbying for ordinances aimed at hampering their efforts. I recall thinking at the time, that the NYPD’s reaction was just dumb. they should have welcomed any help they could get.

6 Likes

any word on the young officer?

3 Likes

Latest news:

“He remains in critical, but stable condition,” LMPD said in a tweet Monday. “The family sees and feels the love.”
Doctors have had trouble balancing Wilt’s body temperature and managing cranium pressure, the Louisville Metro Police Foundation said in a Facebook post Saturday morning.
But he was stabilizing, the foundation said in the post.

8 Likes

I pray that he makes a full and speedy recovery. It is very honorable for a young man or woman to take an oath and sacrifice their own safety to protect the safety of others. He did not hesitate to run into danger and try to end a very horrible situation and prevent further injury/death to innocent civilians. Hats off to him. :saluting_face::man_police_officer:

5 Likes

This guy is a bit abrasive but

His manifesto is out but what about hers???

1 Like