Sheriff's office: Alec Baldwin's 'prop firearm' kills one, injures another

2 Likes

There’s a lot of info in this that I haven’t read before. Two parts jumped out:

“We hired you as both Armor and Key Assistant Props,” [line producer Gabrielle] Pickle wrote [to Gutierrez Reed] in the Oct. 14 email, according to a copy shared with The Times. “It has been brought to my attention that you are focusing far more on Armor and not supporting props as needed.”

And:

One veteran prop master previously told The Times that he declined offers to join the film’s crew, in part, because he was concerned about producers’ insistence to combine two important jobs — armorer and props assistant — saying “this is an accident waiting to happen.” [emphasis mine]

5 Likes

The plot sickens!

2 Likes

I can’t believe they haven’t arrested him yet. :thinking: Oh, wait, yes I can. :angry:

5 Likes

If the prosecutor decides to press charges against Baldwin, he will only get one chance. Their case has to be rock-solid before they make any announcements.

4 Likes

4 Likes

When I watch these cases, that take months and months to “investigate” I have to wonder, are they looking for what really happened or are they looking for a way to let someone off? Around here, if you shoot someone and it isn’t obvious SD your locked up and have to bail out.

5 Likes

The answer to your question is Yes.

3 Likes

To be fair, though, I’ve seen investigations that take years.
I don’t quite understand why this one is taking so long. I assumed there were cameras recording, but that may not be the case. There may be conflicting witness statements, who knows? But if they’re going to arrest a celebrity in a high-profile story, their case has to be air-tight.

6 Likes

Unlike for the rest of us poor schmos.

6 Likes

Exactly.

2 Likes

Happy Cake day!!!

2 Likes

I’m going to have the phrase “Alec-Ka-BLAM” stuck in my head for days. :rofl:

3 Likes

Progress…

3 Likes

This can’t be coincidence.

At least he can have a different visitor each day of the week…

2 Likes

Waiting for the requisite “shooting blanks” joke to come up.

5 Likes

Does that mean there should be a paternity test?

2 Likes

Absolutely, and maternity.

2 Likes

Breaking…

Let’s all watch Alec Baldwin practicing his cross-draw, and not placing his finger on the trigger:

4 Likes