Sheriff's office: Alec Baldwin's 'prop firearm' kills one, injures another

Yes, the investigation will be drawn out until people lose interest and then no charges will be filed.

And, the people said Amen.

1 Like

Latest from Fox three days ago. For what it’s worth. :thinking:

2 Likes

This is long but, damn interesting. And, asks the question, was there a second shooter?

Not going down that rabbit hole!

2 Likes

Was there a grassy knoll nearby?

2 Likes

Only tumble weeds, sagebrush, and junipers. :rofl:

2 Likes

And cholla & chamiso.

2 Likes

Are we near by the same area not all that far from the movie set area by any chance?

2 Likes

The place with all the little yellow and black “to the set” signs like “PONY” maybe?

2 Likes

Just wondering cause I’m familiar with all of NM, more so the Santa Fe and surrounding towns/cities.

1 Like

Man this is getting weird. “It’s not my fault, it’s the ammo supplier, the guy that got the live ammo from my dad. And by the way, he still owes me money.”

6 Likes

Good thing I’m not on her jury. I can’t excuse an armorer who doesn’t maintain proper custody of firearms and ammunition. That’s job 1, 2, and 3.

I have heard rumors saying she was temporarily off the job, perhaps COVID related. I don’t know if that’s true or not. If so, that’s her out, there’s no need for some far-fetched theory about faulty ammunition. We’ll see how this plays out, but at first glance it sounds as weak and desperate as Baldwin’s claim that the revolver fired itself.

4 Likes

Blanks don’t generally look like live rounds and they are significantly lighter. The differences should be obvious to anyone familiar with firearms!

9 Likes

If you ever wondered why there are blonde jokes.

1 Like

OK but here’s the deal, in my opinion anyways.
She loaded a gun and handed it to someone that handed it to someone that pulled the hammer back and let it go causing the firearm to discharge in the direction of the unfortunate producer. To me that’s 3 or 4 people that should have looked, should have checked, should have known what was in the gun. She should have had the skills and knowledge to handle firearms and KNOW the difference between dummy rounds and live rounds before she loaded the gun. The other 2 or 3 people that handled the gun, including Alex, should have had the skills and knowledge to handle firearms and KNOW the difference between dummy rounds and live rounds AND THEY SHOULD HAVE CHECKED! Who’s to blame? Alex Baldwin is to blame, he fired the gun either by pressing the trigger or pulling the hammer back and letting it go.

3 Likes

All contributory negligence!

4 Likes

And he was the producer, the boss. I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if his attitude and demeanor contributed directly to a lot of the safety issues in the set.

And on a side note, there’s this poor guy:

4 Likes
1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Couldn’t happen to a better person. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

2 Likes