Shells down the shirt

Are you reloading? Because if you are, that hoodie saved you a ton of time :grinning:

7 Likes

My experience over the few decades of outdoor shooting is that guys never get the brass down their shirts but girls always do, especially the most blessed of them. 100% never fails. ( . Y . )
My wife would be the first to tell you.

3 Likes

I used to, all that brass went to my neighbor who reloads and has an AK. :+1:

4 Likes

Dress for success, lord knows we’re gonna need to if Texas is breached!

8 Likes

Welcome to the community NOW YOU ARE FAMILY BROTHER SIR. WEAR.Z A BANDANNA. WITH A RUBBER HAIR BAND. SO YOU CAN REMOVE IT IF NEEDED SO NO ONE CAN CHOKE YOU :bangbang: AND A LARGE BANDANNA WILL FIX YOUR PROBLEM OF. ROUNDS. GOING DOWN YOUR SHIRT AND YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO WEAR A TURDEL. THAT WORD :bangbang: SHIRT . AND YOU CAN REMOVE IT . AND NOT BE . IN A SHIRT YOU DONT WANT :bangbang::us::blue_heart::white_heart::heart::cherry_blossom::feather::feather:Bobby Jean. SIR.

1 Like

Scott 52 SIR GREAT ANSWER SIR BROTHER :bangbang::us: A LITTLE MUCH BUT GREAT . GEAR. My BROTHER SIR LOVE YOU SIR THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE SIR . Love Bobby Jean &,Debbie ann. And puppies and MOMA her 84,.BIRTHDAY ON THE 15,th. SIR . :cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom::feather::feather:🫏:bangbang::us::us::us::bangbang::heart::white_heart::blue_heart:

2 Likes

Wearing a baseball cap did the trick. 2 trips to the range and 200 rounds and not a single shell made it in my shirt. Thanks everyone for the advice!

7 Likes

I’ve been lucky so far to never get a case down my shirt but I always wear a baseball cap and it has definitely deflected a few cases that may have been headed in that direction.

4 Likes

…Better than down your shorts! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :laughing:

3 Likes

It’s my honor to even see that picture and still be alive Not many people get to see them men and a not be dying or. Dead Love :feather::feather::heart::white_heart::blue_heart:🫏:us:

Maybe we need to take a look at the room between your shirt and neck. I good t-shirt will be fairly tight to the neck. I neckerchief should do the trick worn cowboy style will help! I would think twice before making coil spring modifications for this issue. Good shooting!

DHI

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Daniel535

1 Like

I love you jerzees BROTHER Bobby jean & Debbie ann :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::feather::feather::chile::us::crossed_swords::bangbang:

1 Like

IDK. Not sure if position within the lane affects, vs they bouncing off wall. I get em from my neighboring lanes. Cap or brimmed boogie hat. Avoid wearing collared shirts in the range. Shirt’s collar should not be loose. I use extra wide wrap round glasses version, not just covering the front of the eyes.

My wardrobe malfunction was after washing a load of clothes, I found a spent shell at the bottom of the washer upon emptying. Was I glad I bothered to look not to lose a sock. Can you imagine nosey non 2A neighbors I share the laundry room with.

Of course, I’m checking my pockets twice from now on.

3 Likes

Just one of the reasons I don’t shoot at indoor ranges.
At the outdoor ranges I only have to worry about other people’s brass. :wink:

3 Likes

Hi Matthew,
I recommend to all my new shooters to NOT wear any shirts with collars to the range and the ladies nothing that shows cleavage. T-shirts are the best and if winter long sleeve t-shirts.

That being said, one of the major culprits of brass down your shirt in new shooters is what is commonly called “limp wristing” the gun. That means you’re letting the recoil of the gun bend your wrists and lift the barrel muzzle way too much, and that shoots the hot empty cases into you as opposed to back/right as they should. It can also induce failures to eject and feeding issues because some of the energy that is supposed to work the slide ends up dissipating into your wrists and the slide does not cycle enough to do a proper cycle and ejection which is another reason why brass ends up on you and not 6-10 feet behind you as it should

Try this. Tighten up your grip, especially the bottom two fingers of your shooting hand and your support hand and control the recoil of the firearm by stiffening up and resisting any bend in your wrists during the recoil cycle so the slide rides more back into your arms than freely up, and the barrel returns to a horizontal level faster after the shot. I think you’ll find that this will fix the issue permanently. As a side benefit you’ll have a way faster follow up shots capability.

When shooting a handgun you either control recoil or recoil controls you.

Hope this helps you.

4 Likes

As soon as my offending lane stops shooting, I ask them to step back to they can self pepper instead of peppering me so I can’t shoot. lol

1 Like

BTW, shooting while other shooters brass is hitting you is good training. It’s annoying but I don’t avoid it, I embrace it as a training experience.

Just throwing this out there…

5 Likes

Any distraction during shooting is a good practice… as long as you keep accuracy. :+1:

3 Likes

Each to their own.

I also don’t like it when other drivers try to kill me…and don’t want to practice that either…not even at track day.

A shooter who needs to stand as close to the target as they can (cheating…) is like the people who drive with the seat far forward and head against the wheels so they can “see better.” It just isn’t true.

1 Like