Share a "Duh" or "D'oh" moment.

I went to a gun show at one of those venues where you can’t carry, even with a CC permit. I unholstered and put a 1911 in the car safe before going in. I quickly reupholstered when I got back to the car (IWB, 4:00).

Later that day I discovered I had accidentally bumped the thumb safety off during the reupholstering process. I put my thumb on the hammer when holstering and make sure nothing touches the trigger, but taught me a lesson to hold onto the thumb safety as well, especially holstering inside a car.

5 Likes

they don’t make em like that anymore ( wish they did ) can’t even get a rig now that has manual windows.
:us::us::us:

6 Likes

All of my vehicles are manual transmission…and I’m not likely to ever own anything newer than these!

I was looking at pics of my first car, a '72 Skylark and was reminded of the secret hiding spot in teh center of the dash. We used to leave keys and wallets in there as kids!

4 Likes

I was once at a bar with some LEO buddies and started a break dance contest and I did a leg spin and my 38spl. Smith&Wesson model 36 came out of my ankle holster onto the dance floor and upon attempting to recover it a lady kicked it with her stilettos and I had to run and finally recover it. My buddies laughed their butts off. This is something that only happens once. :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

Guest where the gas cap is on this one

7 Likes

Under the twin tail lights. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Always on the opposite side of the gas pump😉

8 Likes

You need a vacation.

4 Likes

YES, I do! As soon as I can afford it!

3 Likes

My first marriage.

3 Likes

I had one of those. I can’t remember her name. I just call her plaintiff!

4 Likes

I am working on my third. It’s either “Third times the charm” or “Three strikes your out”. :rofl:

3 Likes