Share a "Duh" or "D'oh" moment.

Share a moment when you went :man_facepalming: :woman_facepalming:.

3 Likes

Nope.

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

It’s usually my mouth and it’s daily :grin:

9 Likes

Every time I read the news.

7 Likes

I was camping last week, and a mosquito landed on my forehead.

7 Likes

I get up at the butt crack of dawn and S,S & S then head out to work. It was not until I was half way to work when I needed to stop for gas. Figuring i had a little time so, I ran the JEEP through the car wash and came out clean on the other side. Then it hit me like a brick, that D’oh moment. I did not have to work that day!

9 Likes

Twice I forgot the time change and got to work one hour early in the morning, I just sat in the parking lot for an hour so no one would know. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

After shooting my 84FS and realizing it was much nicer to look at than to shoot.

5 Likes

Years ago, a group of friends, all guys, decided to go check out a new band that seem to be making a name for themselves. We all got to the place and another band was playing that was okay but, we could only hope it was going to get better. One of the guys noticed a blonde dancing in her chair. Us married guys pointed this out to the single guy. Go ask her to dance! What would it hurt? He takes a drink and scurries up the courage to go ask her to dance. He walks his way down to her and you could see him ask if she wanted to dance and as the head turned around it was a guy! We all laughed and thought it was so funny. A little later we could see the so thought he was a girl guy talking to people pointing at us and it hit me, 5 guys sitting together and one of them asked a guy to dance. I enlightened the others with this fact that we are five guys together with no women with us and one of us asked a guy to dance. We figured it was in our best interest to get out of there.
By the way. we missed Kurt Corbain performing.

8 Likes

Got you all beat.
For over ten years now I’ve let our small dog lay on my lap while I’m sitting in my recliner. We, the dog and I, can see through the sliding doors across the lots in back. The dog has a doggy door so he can go out anytime he wants into a large fenced in backyard.
Every time the dog sees something move outside he takes off like a Bullet, that’s his name also, and he gives me a good kick in the GONADS.

6 Likes

Seems like a big win to me…

5 Likes

Smaller dogs, smaller paws, greater PSI.

7 Likes

7 years ago I had rather extensive surgery just above my nether regions, I could get around but sloooly. I had Nancy help me set up all my gun cleaning supplies in the screen porch since I would be off for 30 days in July (that was tough to take, think best tan ever).
So I was cleaning my Marlin .30/.30, had it locked into the cleaning platform and started to run solvent, wire brush, and patches and repeat, well this went on for an hour and the patches are still coming out blue (traces of copper of course). Well this went on for an hour or so and I’m going “what the he!!” why isn’t it coming clean?
I just happened to look down and noticed the brass brush was just full of blue goop, so every time I ran the brush thru I was putting the residue back into the barrel. :man_facepalming:
What a rookie mistake. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

This wasn’t me but I watched it occur.
I worked at an engineering office right around the time concealed carry permits got popular. Many companies would bring an instructor in to do the class and help with the application. The guy that promoted it at this office was a real gun fanatic. On several occasions he would go to the meek, mild mannered document control clerk and give her the spiel about gun laws and self defense, to the point he was being pretty annoying. She would politely in her very quite voice tell him she wasn’t interested. Then one day, he couldn’t control himself, he goes over to her and offers to pay for the class for her. She grabbed her purse, pulled out her holster/wallet (it was a very cool deal holster with wallet all built together), and said, “I all ready have one”.

7 Likes

@Todd30 >>Someone caught caught Anthony’s
eye and they were dancing doing the bump and grind on the dance floor. It didn’t take very long for them to go out and get in his truck and start doing the doing the hen and rooster thing and he found out he was with a rooster not a hen.
we never let him live that down got bless his soul.

5 Likes

My most embarrassing duh moment came when I was at a retail gun store interested in a new optic. When both the salesman and myself realized I was looking through it from the wrong end. Everything seemed so small when looking through the lens, unfortunately there was no way to nonchalantly reverse my view!
Very happy we are required to wear masks now when shopping!

7 Likes

Does everyone know that the gas gauge in our vehicle’s has an arrow/pointer on the side that the gas fill is on? Duh :roll_eyes: Best friend told me that one years ago and he was right :rofl::rofl::rofl: Duh :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

And if its in the center there isn’t one:

7 Likes

Fuel related

A few years ago I rented a Ford Expedition to get family, friends and gear up to the cabin in the North woods of WI.

They gave it to me with half a tank so when I got to home town I was going to top off for the 5 hour drive.

Drove the 20 miles back to the rental office to find out that there was no gas cap. Just close the door.

5 Likes

@Gary_H That means it’s hiding in the back under the rear plate :roll_eyes: :sunglasses: :thinking:

5 Likes