Shadow Systems

Does anyone have any experience with Shadow Systems pistols? I’m very brand loyal, Sig, Glock, S&W, and with this being an American company that seems to be putting out some pretty good stuff my interest is peaked.

1 Like

I have zero experience with them, but I see John Lovell has a video about them. Here is his video:

4 Likes

Interested to see if anyone has thoughts on this now. (Until I look at the price tag).

Just buy a Staccato and call it a day. You won’t be able to afford ammunition anymore but it will look nice sitting in a case😉

1 Like

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

I did some research on these. They seem to be good options for those guys who like to do a lot of upgrades to stock guns (especially glocks).

If you think about it, a Glock is $600. Getting new sights is another $100. So the standard glock is already a $700 gun at least. If you want to add an upgraded trigger, you’ve already passed the price of a shadow system gun. Plus there’s a chance the shadow system is more reliable than your average Joe upgrading his glock at home.

They are definitely intriguing. I’m personally happy with a stock glock with light sights, so it’s not for me, but they seem to be a good value. I know John Lovell uses one/ has his own model.

If I was going to drop that money on a gun, it would be a nice metal frame gun, but they do seem really cool. There’s also not a whole lot out there on them. I know a stock glock has seen years of service, and there’s plenty of people on Youtube testing them. That history is not their with shadow system, but it’s also an expensive gun for a select market.

Since originally posting this I’ve had the opportunity to test one extensively. They are solid pistols and the do shoot very flat as advertised, but like @Scoutbob said, they are for a select market. I choose not to go for one for several reasons, mainly, it does nothing my Glock 45 doesn’t do. With that being said, I’ve spent money on a stippling job, trigger and sights for the Glock, so yes, for those looking to knock all that out without the hassle it’s a good deal. One issue I had was the Magpul mags they ship with. They’ll run Glock mags just fine, but the grip comes down just far enough that stripping a Glock mag out is problematic if you run into a double feed. The Magpuls do not have that issue with the base plates being thicker. The problem could be solved by running a different base plate on the Glock mag, but…

1 Like

I have had my Shadow System’ s Warrior Poet Version for over a year now. It continues to be my most accurate handgun. The main selling point for me were the back strap system that allowed the grip’s natural point of aim to feel like my P365 and Glock format magazines that worked with my PSA PCC. Couldn’t stand the Glock hump! All the other enhancements; Gucci Glock stuff, over a standard G19 were bonus. I have well over 1,500 rounds without a single issue once break in period was completed. If you’re in the market for this type of enhanced gen 4 G19 clone, try & buy.

1 Like

Have one in rental where I work. It has had the pi$$ shot out of it, and it just keeps on going. No complaints/no failures.

2 Likes