Sensitivity Training

Many Caucasians have employers that force them attend cultural sensitivity training to learn about those who refuse to assimilate into mainstream America.

Can you name any other group forced to attend sensitivity training?

I hope this post doesn’t offend the sensibilities of the resident drugstore cowboy.

I am unaware of any “drugstore cowboys” on this site, let alone a “resident” one. I suspect we are all law-abiding citizens here. Have you any proof of claim?

2 Likes

If you are that sensitive you won’t get very far in life. I’ve had sexual harassment training, but not ‘sensitivity’ training.

But to answer you question, no, not that I’m aware of.

2 Likes

Being tolerate is why this country is in the dumper. Even if she could be saved, it would take generations.

I thought tolerance was a Christian belief?

1 Like

my former employer, a large airplane maker in WA state, had cultural awareness training for employees. don’t know if it fits but most employees took it reguardless of race

1 Like

Military service gives you the best sensitivity training.When your life depends on the guy next to you…you loose all sense of race real quick.

9 Likes

No, it’s not. I think Mr. Chaput summed it up eloquently:

“We need to remember that tolerance is not a Christian virtue. Charity, justice, mercy, prudence, honesty — these are Christian virtues. And obviously, in a diverse community, tolerance is an important working principle. But it’s never an end itself. In fact, tolerating grave evil within a society is itself a form of serious evil.”
– Archbishop Charles Chaput

1 Like

That is PC.

Which is not what I was replying about. He said “Being tolerate is why this country is in the dumper.” That is a generalization, which the person you quoted does not agree with. As you quoted Archbishop Charles Chaput stated “obviously, in a diverse community, tolerance is an important working principle.”

So you are stating that Christians are intolerant? I have never heard that before.

Depends on the topic. I think Christians tolerate a lot more than most religions or ideologies. But Christians do not tolerate evil, nor should they, nor should the tolerate evil acts or deeds or those that support them.

2 Likes

Again, neither I nor the person I responded to was suggesting that.

Maybe I need sensitivity training. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m unfamiliar with that term. pls define

yes you were. you just don’t like being called out on it. I’ve read this thread 3 or 4 times to make sure I was understanding correctly. Maybe in your mind you were thinking differently but you wrote the opposite of it.

It is a reference to a movie about druggie criminals that rob drug stores. At least that is my reference to it. As the OP has not given an explanation, who knows. It is not likely a reference to the music group - a reference I only found just now, or a term first used in 1923, according to Merriam-Webster, which I was totally unaware of - I guess I am just not that old… :sunglasses:

LOL. That’s ridiculous. It is quite obvious what I meant, as it is written on this thread. Please cite where did I reference what you claim I did?

No, your very first reply from left field was “I thought Christians were tolerant” with no other defining explanation Then when given what Christians believe you say that’s not what I was talking about. Explain then what were you talking about? You have left it very much unsaid,

Not to me or Gary either I think. You know what you meant in your head but have yet to write it in a way that is understandable by non-mind readers

Yes, that is what you “think”. However, I believe Gary does understand. If you have an issue understanding what I wrote, I don’t believe attempting further clarification can help you. Read in context what I wrote, it should then make sense to you.

How so? I stated I believe Christians are tolerant. Gary agreed. He stated that Christians should not tolerate evil - I agree. What more is to be said?