Senator Duckworth

The Dems don’t get all the credit here in IL. Adam Kinzinger a “republican” also supported HR 8 and he has a track record of supporting Red Flag laws. With the slim margins that we see in Congress you really need to see the voting records of who you are voting for and not just rely on the party they belong to.

6 Likes

Wow! It is very easy for a mentally ill person to pass an evaluation. Some mentally ill folks are normal much of the time and then crack, so they can easily seem “sane” when being evaluated. In general, I feel gun laws, no matter how benign (and these aren’t) are a slippery slope and I don’t trust any politicians who promote them. There are already plenty of laws on the books and this is getting scary. I’m also from Illinois with Tammy D and the other guy who is even worse! We have had enough and I don’t trust those crooks!!!

2 Likes

that response wasn’t even worth the paper that horse hockey was printed on. The entire “family” existing in d.c. is against all that they swore to protect. I do believe that a great Constitutional lawyer can whip their tails and place them on the run.
GOD bless AMERICA and hopefully the AMERICAN citizens will stand up to the shananigans of the left.

2 Likes

It is really something. I saw it first hand on a family member classified as having Antisocial Disorder. It’s amazing how easy it is for them to lie and manipulate. One of his counselors told us Antisocial Disorder is basically what most of not all career criminals have. So basically, they don’t care about our laws regardless of how strict they are. It’s almost like a challenge for them.

2 Likes

Lonnie,
Your right to label this as nothing more than political double speak. Even consideration of this legislation is unconstitutional. But the likelihood of HB 127 ever coming to a vote in this Session is extremely low. The main reason is that it has no sponsors other than Shelia Jackson Lee who wrote the bill and even her own party knows what a whack job she is. So keep calling, writing, emailing all of your federal representatives and get as many people as you can to do the same!

2 Likes

Add Rep. Ralph Norman from South Carolina to the list of uncompromising 2A supporters, and a true POTUS Trump Republican!

2 Likes

Agree, it’s ridiculous but they do get most of it. In NV they’re trying to pass a law where if a business posts a “no firearms” sign, entering with a firearm could charge you with a felony. Today they can post the sign and just ask you to leave, no harm no foul. Of this passes it could be a felony.

3 Likes

I live in Illinois I sure hope we can vote out tha anti 2A politicians in my home state, may God always be with us

2 Likes

There is a move afoot by the County Republican Committees’ to Censure him and primary him in 2022. Sad to say he is my congressman :worried:

3 Likes

I hear you. He is my congressman as well, and my county has censured him. Can’t wait to Primary him.

2 Likes

Why do they think we are so uninformed that they have to explain it to us I’d rather they just say I hear you I disagree .
Obviously I know what the bill is ,I told you I did not like it . I got the same kind of stuff from Merkley here in Oregon and Wyden same thing I get tired of the condescending answers I get from them

2 Likes

Because this gives them plausible (well, laughable, anyway) deniability that they ever took a stance that they might be held to later.

2 Likes

When my parents were alive, they voted Republican. Ever since, they have voted Demokrat!

5 Likes

She’s not really a quart low. She just has a greater capacity than most people… She has had a considerable length of time to develop that capacity, too. Remember when she was the Director of Veteran’s Affairs - and made a stinking mess out of it…???

3 Likes

Adam Kinzinger = RINO.

I’m tempted to move his district to run for his seat myself but I’m more intent on just simply getting my backside out of Illinois.
I’ve never seen a state run by a bigger bunch of idiots

5 Likes

I hear you. I know of two challengers AK will face in the Primary already so hopefully he will be sent packing. A number of County Republican Committees have censured him, but it always tough to replace an incumbent.

2 Likes

There actually are some really good people in politics in Illinois. Having said that, there are not enough of them until the bad ones follow Madigan’s lead and resign or (my preference) go to prison.

3 Likes

The biggest problem as I see it we have the city of Chicago basically deciding what happens to the rest of the state and what’s good for Chicago is not necessarily good for Illinois

6 Likes

I’ve been noticing this same problem across the US. Cities control the rest of the country. That’s one reason I believe DC should never become its own state.

4 Likes

Less than 2% of the U.S. population farms. Think about that for a second. 98% of us rely on 2% for our very survival. Those raised in cities have no concept of where their food comes from. Is it any wonder that they abuse rural areas with their politics?

6 Likes