Second Amendment is not about guns -- it's about anti-Blackness, a new book argues

I looked at the title of this and come to a conclusion the rest of it is based on stupidity and ignorance, the source of where it’s coming from and the title speaks for itself, in the fifties and the early sixties in California most black people owned guns legally. I did not read this mess.

4 Likes

I hear you brother but it good to know what the other side is thinking if you know what I mean.

5 Likes

@Floyd11 – I appreciate your points, but don’t forget that, at that time, non-Whites were not considered citizens. That was true of indigenous, Chinese, Black, and other inhanbitants until the Civil War. Look up the Dred Scott case as only one example. It’s only post Civil War that race and citizenship were disengaged from each other. I’m not saying that she and CNN don’t have biases, but we also can’t ignore the history.

3 Likes

That is very true Brother Lu at least we recognize the real

3 Likes

Interesting MLK was denied a CCW (2nd Amendment rights) because he was black…Hmmmmmmm!

Not exactly true. From the Guardian, “Local police, loathe to grant such permits to African-Americans, deemed him “unsuitable” and denied his application.”

1 Like

We can see which party controls the states that try to keep this ‘may issue’ policy. We can also see which party controls the Constitutional carry states. Some things never change.

3 Likes

I don’t know how familiar you are with your history, but there was a group called The Deacons of Defense had many guns, all black men, they also was the security for MLK at his home

5 Likes

Yes, I have read about them, and why they were there.

2 Likes

I read an interview with one of their members. The rest of his life he was haunted with guilt that he wasn’t there on 4 April. As I recall, they were constantly harassed by the FBI. Another deep chapter as the histories of racial justice and gun control intertwine.

3 Likes

We have to take back this country in 2022 mid terms. we have to work under the radar so we don’t give the far left time to throw the elections like they did last year

Hello and welcome @Kenneth135

thinkin if the voting machines are fixed as some reports seem to claim…

then voting for anyone but a progressive wont mean much???

perhaps we need to get serious about demanding better vote counting…

with a camera looking over their shoulder AND if for any reason the camera stops working…

any votes counted thereafter don’t count or something like that…

cause IMHO if the machines are doctored to slant voting in any direction…

how we vote wont matter anymore… ???

4 Likes

In regard to the original post in this thread: It may well be true that the 2A and subsequent gun laws may have been used in bad ways never intended by those who instituted it. However, I DEFY you to find a good idea which hasn’t been deliberately misused by someone, somewhere, at some time. Abuse is never a valid argument against proper use.

3 Likes

1 Like

This division-causing madness has got to stop. The United States of America is a great nation and we should all be unified in an ongoing effort to improve, not divide. If the 2nd amendment falls how long do you think it will be before the others fall? Our central government is utilizing a military tactic that has a high rate success: divide and conquer. Attacking each other because of race (incidentally there is only one race and that’s the HUMAN race) only contributes to that tactic. C’mon people. Those who went to war in WW2 are referred to as “the great generation” because of what they did to protect our country. Why can’t we be known as a “great generation” by breaking down the barriers that separate us. Skin color should not be an issue anywhere in this country. After all, every one of us is red on the inside. Do I have a plan on how to do that? No. I don’t. But I know we are all created in the image and likeness of God and He makes no distinction between His creation based on skin color. If all of us would treat each other with dignity and respect I imagine a lot of tension in this country would go away.

7 Likes

Hello and welcome @Raymond111

1 Like

@Raymond111 I thank you for the very interesting and true read, I agree with what you have written but unfortunately as you can tell by the likes it has received, not many others agree which to me is a shame. If we which claims to be Americans can see we are all the same and should be treated the same, America would become/ be a better place for all Americans

4 Likes

You got that right, brother. Jesus went to the cross for all of us. Folks being divided is concerning to Him. The condition of our soul is concerning to Him. The color of our skin is not. He said He is the way, the truth, and the life. I know that’s not a popular message today but it is a true message. He also says in 2 Chronicles 7:14 14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Also not a popular message today. Thank you for your encouraging response.

4 Likes

Amen to that brother

4 Likes