SCOTUS Decision: NYS Rifle & Pistol Association V. Bruen

Haven’t watched the video, however it may not be unreasonable to think that this may have a bearing on the decision to have an abortion. Perhaps that is the delay? I’d rather think that it is, since otherwise it has the appearance of trying to manipulate the November elections…

1 Like

Justice Kavanaugh wrote on the training portion … quoted.
Likewise, the 6 States including New York potentially affected by today’s
decision may continue to require licenses for carrying handguns for self-defense so long as those States employ objective licensing requirements like those used by the 43 shallissue States.

3 Likes

So what are all of the most restrictive requirements in all of the 43 shall issue states? The may issue states will likely try to mix and match these requirements to make the most restrictive system possible.

4 Likes

As it is in Illinois where MacDonald forced the legislature to become a “shall issue” state.

3 Likes

Agreed, and our God given right to defense oneself does not necessarily require a gun, any weapon will do, even a fist. The 2A affirms our God Given right.

3 Likes

Nope. Should be on the least restrictive means available. Thats the law.

Arbitrary and Capricious means doing something according to one?s will or caprice and therefore conveying a notion of a tendency to abuse the possession of power.

2 Likes

Yes, Let’s see how fast these states implement the new law.

4 Likes

1 year + wait times to be granted the permission of a permit.

Hundreds of dollars for a permit.

Required training that takes literal days to attend, costs money and time off work and childcare time.

Come to mind.

5 Likes

What should happen and what will happen are seldom the same. Sounds like this ruling still leaves plenty of room for restrictions that will likely need to be challenged for years to come.

5 Likes

We’ve had almost 90 years of additional restrictions (1934 NFA). It will take time to regain our rights. Every step forward is a good step. We have almost half the nation with “Constitutional Carry”. I have faith that it will be achieved. We have more people owning firearms than ever before. The Left will be forced to bend as their special interest groups learn how offensive these “gun control” laws actually are. It is sick that these politicians still espouse Jim Crow era ideology. They have not learned, as their supporters are drugged to sleep with government handouts and fear politics.

6 Likes

I am a former resident of NY. In a way, I am very happy with the ruling. However, I will wait to celebrate. How long will it take to put in a new system? What training requirements will be required? Bureaucracy has its own inertia. They may have been forced to issue for self defense now, but can take a long time to find/set draconian requirements.

I want to talk to my father about how difficult, and how long it took him to get his NY permit. He was a business owner.

4 Likes

It was a fairly significant ruling. Some of the high points are that it affirmed law abiding citizen’s right to bear arms outside the home. It struck down NY’s restrictive requirement to have a special need to receive a carry license, and perhaps most significantly it rejected the two tier method that many Appeals Courts have used to uphold restrictive gun laws.

6 Likes

In light of this decision, should we start a pool on which state will be next? (Eyes CA, MA, NJ)

1 Like

NJ already took some language out of their carry requirement as a result.

Every may issue state should be doing so.

2 Likes

Trump got his permit before he was President. Of course, he had armed private security, so it was more of a prestige thing.

2 Likes

Yes one set of laws for the rich and famous and another set of laws for the rest of us.

Though with Trump I think it was part prestige and mostly political calculation to boost his standing with right leaning voters shortly before deciding to run for President as a Republican. Before his sudden conversion he seemed quite comfortable hanging out with the left leaning anti gun, pro abortion, pro Obama Care crowd.

3 Likes

Here’s the messed up part of the old NY permitting:. Licenses issued in other parts of the state we’re not valid in NYC, but permits issues in the city were valid everywhere in the state

4 Likes
2 Likes

The typical lefties.

2 Likes

Idiot Breyer is pretty tame…he’s a lot worse than that.

3 Likes