Scenario: mob attempts to “forcibly take over” a hotel

So, your hotel gets stormed by an armed mob. What survival tactics would you use?

Antifa Thugs Wielding Knives And Hatchets Arrested After Attempting To Take Over Hotel

There, fixed it for you.

3 Likes

Step one: secure firearm from hotel room safe.

Step two, grab tomahawks, makeup, and go Braveheart on them. :grinning:

1 Like

Just be glad you carry extra clips

1 Like

I see these risk factors:
1 (most serious) arson
2 risk of direct violence due to robbery
3 collateral damage from police action

1 Like

Assuming I did my due diligence, I would probably find the exits, i.e. fire exits, that were furthest away from the threat, and go to my secondary stay option. If I saw protestors outside of the hotel when arriving (even workers on strike or protestors for not using union workers; common in my area), I might consider a change of venue before checking in.

I might also check before traveling if my credit card had some sort of traveler’s insurance for changing venues because of safety risks. It’s also a good idea to check current events for areas that I plan on visiting for some insight on the crime or unrest at potential locations.

3 Likes

Two big takeaways’ for me. It took approximately 7 and a half hours for SWAT to start making arrests and the mayor said, “Making sure our unhoused residents have access to safe and affordable housing has been Olympia’s priority for more than a decade,” said Democratic Olympia Mayor Cheryl Selby in the Sunday statement.

1 Like

Gold star mayor, LOL. Should there be, like, another mayor, for residents that dont run around with pitchforks and torches, assaulting people.

1 Like

If people go insane by civil disturbance, and are carrying all sorts of weapons, then you back away and seek shelter elsewhere in doing so carry your gun but only pull it out when needed remember the rule if you can back away from configuration then do so and be the good witness, if you can’t back out of said configuration then what you have learn in training by the USCCA and other’s as well as your personal training well cone into play, remember stay alert don’t get hurt.

4 Likes

If I have not flown (I don’t trust the airlines) I will have some weapons with me. I would add additional mags from my ammo box to my BOB, seek to safely exit with family and retrieve my vehicle then move to an alternate location. If I cannot safely exit I would barricade the room door, move the mattress to create a protective barrier for my family, call 911, giving them my room number, advise them I’m a CC armed individual and wait it out .
I would also create an escape rope from the sheets if not to many stories above ground floor.