1!

AND GOOOOOOOO!

2 Likes

ANYONE WHO DOESNT CHOOSE AN ACOG IS A PRETEND SHOOTER

REAL G’s know it’s true.

Consider the above my effort to help your topic. :rofl::joy:

5 Likes

@Zavier_D :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl: :joy:

With the advent of 0X variable optics an LPVO is the hot ticket in my world. 0-6X, 0-8X and 0-10X cover a lot of bases especially with a FFP reticle. Barring that even a SFP reticle will be a viable option. Personally I would rather run an EOTech than a ACOG.

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

Why can’t they create an optic with a built in range finder that continually adjusts the dot based on distance?

2 Likes

Can we get further clarification of what “SHTF” is for this? On what firearm? What are the backup sight options? What other firearms are available? What part of the country?

Any and all ACOG models and any and all LPVO models?

Regardless, my choice is ACOG.

I like simplicity. I chuckle to myself every time I go to a competition or a class and everybody with adjustable something has to spend a minute before every stage adjusting everything to be just right for the conditions.

No batteries, no electronics, no forgetting what magnification it’s on, no being on the wrong mag, no ocular to adjust, no brightness to change, NOTHING to adjust. Zero it, done, period, don’t have to devote time energy or thought to it again. Install it, zero it, get on with solving all the other problems.

More durable too.

And lighter.

For referenced I have owned: TA44, TA45, TA47, TA11, Accupoint 1-4, Razor 1-6 Enhanced, Razor 1-10, and Kahles K16

I’ll take the LPVO for shooting pretty groups on paper at the range.

I don’t currently own an LPVO. My rifles and SBR’s exclusively wear ACOGs. Prefer TA44 (like for home defense) or TA11 with an offset micro dot

4 Likes

@Ron43xMOS They have one. You and I can’t afford it. Think DARPA.

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

No way, more outlandish frippery. Everyone knows the best optics were made in the old days when :sauropod::t_rex::t_rex::sauropod::t_rex: (Rawr Dinosaurs) was a thing. I am the unassailable authority. :joy::rofl:

On a serious note. You are a far more serious and knowledgeable shooter. I actually bought a scope you recommended a while back for my .308.

Have you seen the new Thermal Red Dot from Holosun? It’s pricey’ish but was wondering what you thought, is it worth $1100’ish?

1 Like

Burris Elliminator 3,
https://www.burrisoptics.com/riflescopes/eliminator-iii-laserscope-4-16x50mm

2 Likes

In a for-real SHTF scenario… iron sites, because their batteries don’t die.

2 Likes

ACOG doesn’t use batteries either

3 Likes

I’m with @Craig6 on this one. I prefer an lpvo. Acogs are fantastic optics, however, I like the 1-6/1-8 ffp variable. If I were to go with something for close range only, it’d be a holographic style sight.

2 Likes

Why not one of each?

1 Like

Probably because most of us haven’t mastered the ability to carry around and shoot two rifles at the same time

3 Likes

Sorry guys, the 1990s called and they want all their ACOGs back… :rofl:

3 Likes

I just read about this not too long ago in American Rifleman. And I always think about the fact that when it comes to new tech for military, they release some info on the capabilities, but there’s usually more that they’re not sharing with the public.
https://www.americanrifleman.org/content/vortex-selected-to-produce-army-ngsw-fire-control-optic/

2 Likes

And in the mean time they are rolling out the SIG TANGO6T

1 Like

Please forgive my ignorance, but fewer acronyms would be helpful. At least spell them out in the original post for those of us who don’t keep up with such things as assiduously as others.

2 Likes

LPVO= Low Power Variable Optics
ACOG= Advanced Combat Optical Gun sight
SHTF= â– â– â– â–  Hits The Fan

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification.

This one I already knew!

3 Likes

Just making sure :+1::blush:

2 Likes