Safety in the Happiest Place in the World?

I have a confession to make. I LOVE Disney World and Universal Studios. If I had my choice of visiting anywhere in the US, I would be headed to Orlando for those theme parks. One concern I’ve always had is safety while visiting the parks.

I was in Universal a number of years ago over the holidays when the parks were so full, they closed their entrance gates and didn’t let anyone else in.

How do you protect yourself in a packed theme park? Yup, these are some of the few places that I’ll go unarmed… I don’t want to be a target, but I also LOVE having fun at these parks with my kids - no matter what their ages.

BTW - here are the carry laws for Florida.

1 Like

When I took my family they were extremely detailed in searches. I knew going there meant no weapons on me. So I camped out at a high yellow awareness. It was hard to find a balance between a heightened level of awareness and having as much fun as the kids, so I resigned myself to letting them have the fun. I figured that was part of the job. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I luck out that my kids are older so they’re good about being in condition yellow as well. I also don’t have to worry too much about them wandering off. If they do, I just text them. Sometimes technology is great!

1 Like

Evidently, @Beth feels the same way I do about Disney:

1 Like

My wife and I have started avoiding gun free businesses. . In this day and time, we have to be vigilant.