S&W Model 642

Recent purchase for my wife, but we have yet to get the to the range. Seeing a few “reviews” online now saying that this is not a great gun to take the range regularly. They mention that the trigger mechanics are weak, and break in under 1000 rounds at the range. Any one have any reliable info for us? We’d rather get our info from a knowledgeable source, rather any Schumckatelli on a blog.

2 Likes

@Robert_P Welcome to the community. I use you-tube for gun vids, a quick search pulled up about 10. Hickok 45 I trust. :thinking: Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy. :+1:

3 Likes

Welcome to the family and hope y’all stay with us and god bless you.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard, @Robert_P ! I have a 442 (blue 642) that I carry and take to the range all the time. I did have some trouble with the sear just after I bought it, but I sent it back to S&W who repaired it quickly and for free and it’s run like a dream ever since, now going on 5-ish years. I have to say it’s not fun to fire after 50 or so rounds, but I do feel its trustworthy. It takes a bit of practice to get used to, so well worth taking to the range as much as you can.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. :+1:

3 Likes