S&W M&P 9ez slide disassembly?

Hello,

I have a question that I have yet to be able to find an answer to by searching all over different forums, YouTube, etc.

As part of my regular cleaning routine, I do a complete disassembly of my Glock 19. I have done this for years. I also have a S&W M&P 9EZ that for the life of me, I cannot figure out where to find the instructions for doing a complete disassembly of the slide.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Google and search S & W site, if still having problems, on the site they will have a contact info and then ask them about a manual.

2 Likes

I could be mistaken but, I belive the ez manual expressly and specifically states to NOT disassemble the weapon beyond normal field stripping. Only stating this to let you know that the manual will not show what you’re after.

You are absolutely correct. But, that doesn’t mean that it cannot be done :slight_smile:

As I mentioned, I disassemble the slide on the Glock pistols that I own. And their manuals don’t show instructions for that either. I think that it’s important to disassemble and clean and inspect the components on the slide after thousands of rounds being fired.

1 Like

I do not own a M&P because you have to remove the rear sight (not an easy task) to clean the firing pin safety. There is at least one YouTube video out there that made this point.

1 Like