RV stopped and surrounded(What do you do?)

I can not find this video except on a FB site. I hope y’all can see it. We often travel in a MH and right now I’m avoiding high population centers for this very reason.

2 Likes

Just another “peaceful” protest as they vandalize a quarter millionish motor home. Smart owners though. Stayed inside the mobile home even as it was being vandalized.

4 Likes

The link was sent to me by a friend because we recently had a conversation about exactly this happening while on the road. These vehicles are most often handled by retired couples who often have their grandchildren inside. They can not see what’s going on, but they can hear it. The people inside are likely expecting someone to break in. If kids are inside they are likely screaming and crying. Emotions are getting real high. This is a recipe for a major disaster. The police might even be blocked from coming to their aid.

2 Likes

I know they had to have done some expensive to repair damage dancing on the roof like that.

My wife and I have started looking at motor homes and what adjustment we would have to have made for a gun safe. It wasn’t a very comfortable conversation. Same with our plan to move permanently to a boat winter down south and then explore in the spring and summer.

3 Likes

Hard to watch it and keep clear mind…
Perhaps it’s a time to move to Canada? :smirk:

2 Likes

I’m afraid this is going to continue to become more common. Sooner or later someone is going to break and the stuff is going to hit the proverbial fan.

3 Likes

Looks like what all us truck drivers were concerned about. But we put together a company policy on how to use the truck to properly get through (or try to)…

5 Likes

Thomas681, any tips you can share on how to drive out of something like this?

2 Likes

Better to face it now…
Sales tax and VAT are too high in Canada anyways.

2 Likes

I could live with that. Don’t ask how much did I pay in Europe… :scream: :crazy_face:

1 Like

New motto:

ARCTIC FOX CAMPERS are “Riot Ready”.

:wink:

2 Likes

I tried to find the company email but couldn’t… basically… lock doors.put hvac on recirculating to keep from drawing in tear gas. Remove seatbelt in case you need fast exit. Don’t blow horn it will only draw more attention and anger the mob… idle through dont stop no matter what…windshield will probably be cracked. Just keep pushing. If windows are broken and attempt to pull you from vehicle all bets are off. Hit the throttle at that point or you will probably die… that was the jist of what we came witb…

5 Likes

Local truck driver here. Huge fear of mine as well. Scary times we are going through. Trying to get our company policy changed so we can carry in our trucks. At least temporarily. Thanks for sharing the video

2 Likes

Blow the claymores and the foo gas. I am totally kidding folks. Lol

2 Likes

Drive through, they are committing a felony offense, interfering with intra/interstate commerce. Not to mention they shouldn’t be playing in the road in the first place. No one has the authority to stop you unless they are law enforcement. They want nothing but attention and have mayhem in their hearts, your duty is to yours and your loved ones safety. Do what you must. After being an OTR driver 20 years, seeing what happens to those who do bend to their will… it doesn’t pay to let them destroy your property or your lives. The old adage comes to mind, I’d rather be tried by 12, than carried by 6.

1 Like

Welcome home Virgil, both my father and brother served in Vietnam. Brother was 173rd AAR. Thank you.:handshake::heart::us:

1 Like

@Melvin beginning of the video there is traffic in front as well as behind all stopped. Impossible to drive away without taking out a few cars. Towards the end it seems traffic in front started clearing. So at this point you drive away with riff raff dancing on top of your vehicle. Your vehicle becomes a deadly weapon. In my state (Wisconsin) deadly force can be used when they try to remove me from said vehicle (castle doctrine). I definitely agree judged by 12 rather than carried by 6 but in the same sense I don’t want to spend the next 5 to life behind bars.

1 Like

Thank you brother. Our Welcome Home to all of them. All of our heroic men and women, past and present. God bless them all.

1 Like