Ruth Bader Ginsburg has Passed Away

God rest her soul. This is, of course, going to get political without delay.

Discussion

9 Likes

Let’s just hope we get a fair, honest appointee. May she rest in peace.

8 Likes

I have nothing bad to say about the lady, she had her convictions and stood by them. Something that cannot be said for most in DC. May she rest in peace with the thoughts and prayers from a grateful nation for her service.

The nomination process will be a $h!t show, COVID will be forgotten and the election will go on the back burner. I feel sorry for the poor as yet to be named nominee and the pain he/she will endure.

Cheers,

Craig6

9 Likes

R.I.P. RBG.

And, yes. The political hysteria machine is gonna to get spun up in a hurry. Half the Senate will want to wait until after the election. The other half will want a justice seated before then.

4 Likes

Should Trump try to do an appointment before the election? If so, could that backfire on him? Would it be a risk to 2A folks if he waits and Biden gets elected?

There is already a lot at stake here.

3 Likes

I think he should nominate the day after she is buried and the Senate move as quickly as possible to seat. It is how the game is played, McConnell wouldn’t let Obama’s nomination get seen but there have been rush jobs and delay jobs on both sides a loooong way back. If the repubs loose the Senate NO justices will be confirmed if Trump is re-elected. If the dems will all three the court will get packed with 15 or 17 judges. If Trump moves nominates the dems will scream the news media will send out the lynch mobs and it will be Kavenaugh on steroids. If nothing else it will be interesting to watch.

Cheers,

Craig6

6 Likes

I’m sorry. I’m full up with “interesting.” My calendar has no room for “interesting” until at least mid-2027.

The last thing this country needs right now is something else to fight about.

8 Likes

She had a long run. I wish no one ill and hope she went in peace. That being said, as a Supreme Court Justice she was a true disaster. Legislation from the bench and personal ideals.
I hope Trump appoints a new justice before the election, and not a compromise justice, a TRUE Constitutionalist. Maybe it will grab Rberts and drag him back into the light.
Lets see how many rabbits and dog and pony shows and lies about the nature of nominees the democrats can dig up. This is going to be a battle and I PRAY President Trump does the right thing, appoints a new justice with impeccable constitutinalist morals right away.

13 Likes

She was anti-Constitution— she stood by her convictions… she, along with Keagan and Sotomeyer adjudicate by what they think thing should be…not the rule of law and the Constitution… I won’t miss RBG. The 2A just got a huge assist…

10 Likes

Lets hope we get a Constitutionalist in the mold of Antonin Scalia.

6 Likes

I was doing a little reading. In the past, some justices have been appointed, confirmed, and seated in short amounts of time. Some even the day they were nominated. It can be done. We shall see what happens.

4 Likes

RGB was a pioneer. May she Rest in well deserved Peace.

4 Likes

She was a Supreme Court justice! She held her ground. An Iron Lady in her own right! Prayers to all.
As long as nobody blames Trump, everything should go well.

6 Likes

With the Dems urging Biden not to concede at any point, and threatening to contest if they lose, SCOTUS will need all seats full BEFORE the election or Bush v Gore 2.0 will take months.

Best to get it over with and deal with the wildfire after.

8 Likes

I’ve been dancing and smiling ever since I heard! It’s going to be a great weekend!

5 Likes

We have had too many Supreme Court Justices that amended the constitution to fit their ideals via clever verbiage. She was one of them. She was not a Constitutionalist - she was an activist. We need a replacement that recognizes the importance of our Constitution “as written.” That requires a judge that is educated in all writings of those who created it and not educated in all liberal philosophies.

12 Likes

Candace Owens???

8 Likes

@Joseph171 Welcome to the community. Thank you for your honest input. Why sugarcoat it? Without a Supreme Court that is willing to defend the Constitution our government has failed. How many here think having ten legitimate 2A cases getting rejected by the SCOTUS is a good thing? I hope a constitutional originalist gets installed before election night. The radical left has already threatened to “burn it down”. I say bring it on!

5 Likes

@Joseph171 Welcome to the community, we are glad to have you here. Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy. :+1:

5 Likes

Welcome to the family! @Joseph171 stay safe out there!

6 Likes