Rural King Supports 2nd Amendment!

@2A-Patriot /sigh… Some day huh? Would be nice to see them here. There’s plenty of properly zoned commercial locations here in GA just begging for someone to come and make them profitable. And not everywhere is downtown Atlanta, urban Atlanta, or Atlanta outskirts…

edit: No matter how big Atlanta metro looks like, from space, at night!

1 Like

I just did a search an the closest one to me is 94 miles away. :confused:

But I realized that I have been to one over Memorial Day weekend visiting my son in TN. I feel even better about spending money there now. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I can only speak for Tennessee, but over here private businesses don’t have to “invite” anyone to open carry, so long as the person has their carry license. The business has to elect to become a place where open carry is not allowed. The business is supposed to put up signs stating this intent, but they can also verbally tell someone with a weapon to leave the premises. Although the person carrying his/her weapon can challenge the store owner for failing to put up a “No Guns Allowed” sign, we’ve been taught that it’s better to simply walk away and patron another store. Oh, and Rural King rocks!

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community, @Alejandro479! I agree, it’s better to walk away and take your money with you when you go than to spend it in a store that doesn’t support your right to carry a firearm for your self-defense.

Glad to have you here!

2 Likes

2nd Amendment advocates at every level are more active today and willing to step up than I’ve seen since the 70’s when there was a big push to ban handguns.

The current anti gun movement is pushing even the most conservative people to finally stand up and push back and be very vocal in our opposition.

My hat is off to any retailer, manufacture, or distributor that is willing to take the heat and do the right thing.

2 Likes

I buy nearly all my handgun and tactical rifle ammo in bulk and have it delivered. See if they ship.

That makes it easy to support the businesses that support us and if you buy a half case or more at a time the shipping usually ends up being a wash over closer places buying a few boxes at a time.

Even when it does cost a little more it’s worth it to me to support those who are firmly on our side and those businesses need our support to stay in business.

Walmart had and still to a great extent has a predatory business plan. They will identify a new market area, build a store and run it at a loss for years if necessary to crush all of the local and area small mom and pop stores to gain complete control of the market.

Once they are all or mostly gone then the new store will raise it’s prices slowly but steadily to milk everyone dry.

Once they have that kind of control even a small profit margin becomes extremely profitable.

What kills me is when I see those mom and pop operators who were crushed having to come hat and hand for a minimum wage job or close to begging walmart to then hire them so they don’t starve to death.

It Ain’t Sam Walton’s Walmart anymore, it is an international giant that preys on customers and local businesses like a hungry bear.

1 Like

I support Rural King we bought a 4 of our handguns there and would support them again for their stand on the 2nd Amendment… I too support the 2nd and The 1st which goes with it. I am a USAF Veteran with 6 yrs of service including 1 tour in Vietnam… served from 1973 to 1979 in VIetnam April 25th 1975 to December 26th 1975

4 Likes

So glad to read this. Makes me even happier I just purchased new Scarry boom stick from them this weekend. The people were terrific. Selection was good enough and prices were good.
I will continue to stand with RK and TSC.
Thanks for reporting

3 Likes

Great place, Great service and very friendly. I never shopped Walmart. They just never appeared to be a community store.

Bought guns and ammo from Rural King

I am Happy with them

1 Like

Thank you for your service, @Kevin53! Glad to have you here.

1 Like

Thanks Dawn! Its an honor and a privilege to be here!

2 Likes

All but one of my firearms have been purchased through RKGuns.com as well as doing other shopping at their brick and mortar stores. Their prices are extremely fair, and in most cases, lower than other outlets. They are my go-to place for everything gun related.

4 Likes

Oh! Another great thing about Rural King…they’re happy for you to bring your dog in with you as long as you use a leash.

How awesome is that?

3 Likes

why would they need to “invite” customers to open carry ? if there are no signs posted at the entrances, t’is always been accepted. if you’re still not convinced, ask the mgr on duty what the policy is.

1 Like

They don’t and I appreciate their supportive statement to the 2A community.

I would never go ask a mgr on duty for clarification for their policy for the same reason I purposefully don’t pay attention to signs posted on the doors going in to the building. That way I can honestly plead ignorance should approached by a store employee about carrying (in the unlikely case I expose my concealed weapon some how). In m State private businesses can post do not carry notices, but they have no legal consequences (you just have to leave if the business asks you to).

1 Like

One of the things Beto O’Rourke has STRONGLY touted is background checks on online gun sales.
I recently purchased a Taurus Spectrum online from Rural King - my first time buying a firearm in that manner - and it was made clear that I would not receive the weapon until I had gone to the store in Martin, Tenn., where the gun was sent, and gone through a background check.
Now I cannot speak to every online firearm retailer, but apparently O’Rourke, or his people are not doing their research. Every online retailer I looked at (about 10) before choosing to buy at Rural King made it clear, the weapon would be shipped to an FFL dealer, and I would have to go there and do the background check before ever picking up my weapon.
I, like so many others, am more that glad that Rural King is standing firm on protecting our 2nd Amendment rights.
I, too, will be looking up Rural King’s corporate contact and thanking them.

1 Like

Online gun dealers MUST ship to an FFL (if they are legal). The FFL will then have you do a background check before you are able to pick up the gun. It’s standard operating procedure. :slight_smile:

3 Likes