Running Errands

I use a sneaky pete holster that clips on my belt, I simply clip it on my belt when I am going out.

1 Like

Mario,
One never knows when, or under what circumstances we will need our weapon/s. If you are comfy running down to the local bodega to pick up a bag of Cheeto’s and a diet Coke unarmed, then God bless you. But please consider the local Stop & Rob is a magnet for armed holdups. If we could possibly know for certain no guns will be needed, then you “should” be ok. On the other hand, if I somehow knew for certain that I would need a gun, I simply wouldn’t go there. Avoidance.

Or just sitt’n in the recliner watching Netflix, all comfy and warm, whatcha gonna do when your front door get’s kicked in by 3 or 4 local losers looking for drugs or cash? Race them down the hallway to wherever your pistol may be on that particular day? If you can remember where you left it, that is. Or are you comforted by the fact that “that sort of thing never happens around here.” Where ever “here” is.

Over 30 years of police work taught me that crime can happen to anyone, anywhere, any time. There’s just no way to know. Be prepared, all of the time. It costs you nothing and could save your life and/or that of your loved ones.Denial isn’t a river in Egypt.”

I carry almost everywhere I am. The only exception would be the shower, but it’s at least close by. I have a few options, with a sub compact “around the house” or “just in case” gun, and a stable of full size when away from home, and then always with at least one reload. After a lifetime of carry, I feel naked without one. You asked for advice… There you go; advice from an old retired copper.

4 Likes

It’s funny how quickly that can happen too. After starting to carry only 6 months ago, I feel the same.

EDC is more than a TLA; it’s a discipline.

2 Likes

Same here.

2 Likes

@Pioneer I found switching to a comfortable holster promotes the ability to carry all day…which I do.

4 Likes

I have two full boxes in my garage filled with “perfect holsters” I’ve bought over the years that looked good at the time, but didn’t quite work for me. I have several for my EDC, although I mostly us Kydex paddle holsters, OTW at 3 o’clock. Works for me, your mileage may vary. Many are for guns I don’t even have any longer, but I just can’t seem to part with them. LOL

3 Likes

I switched my EDC holster to IWB Kydex carried at 3 o’clock most often. I appendix carry using a Smart Carry holster when at the gym or wearing sweats. I prefer the level 2 action of my EDC holster.

2 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

Life is all about choices!

6 Likes

This looks frightening to me :joy:

1 Like

@Scoutbob :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

That kydex holster is a nice looking holster @Marrio and looks comfortable. :+1::+1:

1 Like

Yeah I was about to say it may be a little uncomfortable and it rides kind of low.

1 Like

@Johnnyq60 @Scoutbob It rides below the drawstrings. You have to do a little extra work to draw.

2 Likes

Thanks @Johnnyq60 It’s comfortable both at 3 o’clock and appendix.

1 Like

My box is growing. Already on my 2nd holster for my new P365. LOL

2 Likes

I carry my Canik TP9-SFX in a CE IWB lefty holster. When I first got the holster, I wasn’t too sure it would be comfortable, but it actually is. The length of the pistol is such that it actually goes over the outside of my leg when sitting, rather than poking me. I do want to get a hybrid, but for that gun they’re a bit hard to find. This will do until I find one though, so I’m good.
Sadly, my cover garment has to be loose to avoid printing, but it is a pretty good sized pistol, so that’s to be expected.

2 Likes

Unless I am in a legally mandated, place I can’t carry. I always have my gun on me or within arms reach of me. I have a couple of IRL friends on this site and told them you can call me any time day or night unless I am in the hospital and I can give you a function check on my gun within seconds.

One of them did it to me yesterday after I left my Dr.'s office. Yes, I passed the function check.

2 Likes

what do you guys do in the evening when you have your nighttime clothes on and have no belt for the holster?

2 Likes

Hi @Joseph248! Welcome to the team community! We are glad to have you! My IWB hooks and rests onto my PJ pants, sweats or shorts. Therefore, I still carry but without a belt. No issues with safety or security because there’s no shifting. I don’t recommend doing so in public.

2 Likes

Welcome, Joseph248! I try to stick with always armed, always ready. I hope I never have to use it, but if I do, I’m ready.

2 Likes