Rolling old school today

Rolling old school today. Headed out to test some loads in an old classic today on BLM land and I just like having something suitable for SD against any predators ready on my belt at all times. In the age of nylon and Kydex every once in a while I love classics and leather.

Dan Wesson Razorback 10mm, breaking in a new holster.

Any of you do this?

18 Likes

Looks good. I dont have any leather holsters yet. 10mm bear worthy…that should keep those BLM people back!!!

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl: yes it’s bear worthy but I’m headed to the desert today. More interested in the two legged kind so it’s loaded with 135gr HP at a screaming high speed. They are stupid accurate out of this gun and I can ring 50 yard silhouette steel with them no problems. :+1:

6 Likes

I recently got a Tisas 1911 10mm. Awesome gun.

50 yards, sweet.

I need to get some more 10mm rounds as well as 45acp. Suggestions on which brand and grain are best for EDC???

2 Likes

Nice setup. I like leather holsters. I often carry an M&P shield in an Urban Carry leather pancake, or I’ll have a small revolver in a 1791 Gunleather OWB. I use a heavy leather gun belt and never get anything digging into my side.

3 Likes

Are you a lefty?

3 Likes

For Leather, have you looked into SOUTHERN TRAPPER.
This company makes your holster to order and has different skins for use.
I’ve had four made by them so far and feel their great quality.
All in all, ENJOY.

4 Likes

Nope, notice no thumb safety on the side of the gun? I took the picture off mirror in the bathroom :grin:

Also notice my small portable loading setup that my wife thinks is funny I carry around the house :rofl:

5 Likes

I purchased both my EDCs in the 1980s, so I guess I roll old school by default.

4 Likes

I have a Commander Springfield 45 that is gorgeous and dead nuts reliable. I love to carry it but hate to “wear” it IWB. It hurts my “eaves” and I have pretty tough eaves.

4 Likes

Fixed it.

4 Likes

Thanks!

BTW Tisa just issued a recall, you might want to look into it.

https://tisasusa.com/tisas-safety-recall-2024-0001/

2 Likes

So let’s see some pictures of them rigs guys :+1::+1:

1 Like

It doesn’t look like mine is on the recall list. Thanks for the info.

2 Likes

If I’m out and around with an untucked shirt of any sort, you can figure that either of these two setups are on my belt. I do have fobus paddle holsters for both (and a revolver with synthetic grips) that I’ll wear if I’m doing something to get wet or sweaty, but for daily wear, I really prefer leather. I also have a “we the people” kydex IWB for the M&P, but could never warm up to IWB carry and the hard kydex.

7 Likes

Galco Combat Master leather holster.

2 Likes

It’s funny, I have been carrying since the 90’s as a cop on duty, UC, and everythng in between. I am retired and still carry with everything from a fanny pack to belly bands, to leather shoulder holsters. ALL holsters have their place depending upon what the application is. At least in my eyes.

Scott

5 Likes

And that way your drawer full of holsters doesn’t go to waste. No puns intended.

2 Likes