Rivalry Game

Once again, our Engineer comes through… :face_with_monocle: :rofl: :rofl:
(I can relate, because I had to be broken my Sr year of HS of the phrase “well actually” fortunately it happened right before I went to basic…whew, that would have be rough!)

1 Like

Leave it to Navy to suggest we not confirm targets…everything looks like a target when you’re coming through at 10k feet going mach 1… is that how Navy fires those big ol gunship cannons, put a thumb up for aim and then fire? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yesterday was St Barbara’s day and I’m a member of our local Cannoneers and attended the St Barbara’s Day dining in. It’s been a tradition for the last 5yrs for me to give a toast to the Army during the toasting ceremony…because I turn them into roasts…here was my toast from yesterday.

To Redlegs and Gunners
I raise my cup
May your grid squares be accurate
As you blow stuff up
And though the damage you cause is mighty
As your cannons thunder in the night
Remember you could have caused twice the damage in half the time
Had you just radioed your brothers in the Air Force for an F-15 strike
To the Army!

2 Likes

I served on board submarines. Only 2 types of ships in the ocean. Targets or submarines. Never new what the show pony navy was all about. :wink:

3 Likes

@JamesR

My favorite part of this game is the history and the comradeity it shows. We love to hate each other. Plus lately the uniforms have been incredible.

2 Likes

[quote=“JamesR, post:7, topic:16992”]
is that how Navy fires those big ol gunship cannons, put a thumb up for aim and then fire? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
[/quote] lol that’s funny.

In all seriousness though it’s not. There’s a Forward Observer a 13F (if you’re Army) on the ground with eyes on target actually giving coordinates and corrections.

3 Likes

Lol, I know…Forward Observers, Combat Air Controllers (first in, last out go Air Force)……and the billions of dollars of C4I…….no, I know.

2 Likes

Agreed, I love that, how both teams to each other’s student section after the game to sing their respective school songs, the pre-game exchange of “prisoners” (the Academy exchange program), the fly overs, the cannon fire…I love all the pomp and ceremony around the inter Service Academy games.

And Army/Navy…heck that’s a tradition that started goes back to the parting of the Red Sea and army never getting over being wiped out by all that naval water. :wink: A great tradition indeed.

2 Likes

About where I am with football

This is hillarious

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

Hoooaaaah!!!

Those Army 1st Cav uniforms are looking pretty sharp…for Army… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

16 of 34 of the Navy team seniors are Marines. In Marine math, that’s an overwhelming majority. They can’t do math and they aren’t right in the head. Go Navy! They are being fed extra Crayons in the chow hall!2019-12-07 15.53.07

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :joy: @MikeBKY warn a girl will ya? that last one made me snort my coffee. :joy:

My hubby was Army, my brother is Navy, and my dad was Air Force… we’ve got Coast Guard too, but no Marines. My ONLY reply in all of this, no matter who asks is “uh-huh”. :joy:

2 Likes

Anybody watching the SEC Championship with dem LSU Tigers and the amazing Joe Burrow as well as this offense that has made college football history!

#GeauxTigers

1 Like

Yeah an Uber driver with cannons that can launch a VW Bug over two miles or launch over 3 dozen air assets to do some heavy air to ground damage or, as is often needed, swoop in and save some stranded “crayon eaters”………have some respect for yor daddy… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wait…I’m AF, why am I defending Navy? :thinking: :thinking:
(@MikeBKY that is a hilarious meme… :rofl:)

2 Likes

Now I feel better…Go Army!!

2 Likes

They are… they’re over here:

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: SEC Championship

@Sheepdog556 Congratulations Navy for a commanding win over Army and breaking the 3yr run Army had on you guys!

The CIC Trophy will soon be sitting in Annapolis, but if you crew at Canoe U could do Air Force a favor and keep it out of the humidity and salt so that it’s in pristine condition when it makes it’s way back home to Colorado next year we’d greatly appreciate it. :wink:

Go Air Force!!! Sink Navy!!!

2 Likes

This is the only football game I clear my schedule for to watch. I enjoy watching all the academies play but I was raised in a blue and gold house.

2 Likes

Roger that sir.

Army looked good starting off, defense held Navy to a three and out and then they ate up the rest of the 1st quarter keeping the ball on the ground and slooooowly marching down field for 7pts. Not a bad strategy…

Too bad for them Navy wasn’t having any of it…they jumped into the cockpit and kicked in the afterburners… :rofl:

1 Like

They played to win. Last year they played trying to lose.

I enjoy this game cause it’s more smash mouth football. Not the high flying quick scoring stuff. These teams grind it out and the showmanship is limited.

2 Likes