Retired Active Military Defender Safety Act

We need more good guys with guns in “No Gun Zones”! I have proposed a a Retired Active Military Defender Safety Act intended to afford qualified active Military and qualified retired Military enlisted NCO, Petty Officers, Warrant and Commissioned officers the privilege of carrying a concealed firearm in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. possessions (except the Canal Zone). This (RAMDSA) Program follows the same premise as the HR-218 Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act (LEOSA) which works!
RAMDSA Requirements:
Be Active duty or receiving a retirement US Military pension (after at least 15 years of service) and have a valid retired US Military ID card or served a minimum of 4 years and having received a Honorable discharge DD214 and reenlistment (having reached the rank of E-4, W-1 or O-1) being on active duty within any branch of the US Armed Forces, Reserves or National Guard.
Have no Military or civil criminal record.
Pass the McCann Associates psychological screening test for Police Officers.
Pass a minimum Four day Defensive Handgun course or equivalent (Dr Piazza’s Front Sight Firearms Training Institute, has offered free courses to RAMDSA applicants) upon first application of RAMDSA.
Apply and receive a State Concealed weapons permit.
Pass the equivalent HR-218 qualification test with either local Law enforcement or NRA instructor.
RAMDSA is a program for CIVILIANS who used to be Military or under current Military jurisdiction.
RAMDSA should be administered like HB-218 card/licenses issued by your state; you are just certifying that a standard was met.
Re-qualify every year to keep RAMDSA Card/ license.

Thanking you,
Bob Cecchini MAJ USA-Ret

Pass it on to any military that you know we need the RAMDSA program; it would be a great multiplier (almost 2 million between active and retired military) to have good guys in No Gun Zones! Just think what that could do since the FBI reported 94 % of mass shooting could be stopped with armed citizens? https://www.concealedcarry.com/news/armed-citizens-are-successful-95-of-the-time-at-active-shooter-events-fbi/

9 Likes

Awesome plan!
Do you have a legislative sponsor for it and welcome to the group, very glad to have you here.

2 Likes

Senator Dave Lawson who is a Delaware State Senator likes the idea and has brought it to a 218 committee within the State. Trying to get Federal sponsorship but here in Delaware there are only Democrats in US Congress and Senate.
Thanks! Any help would be appreciated we need more good guys with guns in “No Gun Zones”.

2 Likes

I’m in!! I welcome the idea. Perhaps some more lawmakers will see this and join in. One can hope!!

3 Likes

Thanks for wanting to help; pass it along to any Military that you know! The "No Gun Zone " law isn’t working! 87% of mass shootings happen in “No Gun Zones” and Joe Biden will not allow his mistake to be corrected by repealing that law.
The point is if we can trust our US military with fighting for our Freedom on battlefields and countries around the world why not at home within the USA and “No Gun Zones”? Our FBI claims that armed citizens would be effective 94% of the time in stopping mass shooters! This is our best hope to stop mass shooting within the USA’s “No Gun Zones”.
Just think what this Safety Act could do since the FBI reported 94% of mass shooting could be stopped with armed citizens being present! https://www.concealedcarry.com/news/armed-citizens-are-successful-95-of-the-time-at-active-shooter-events-fbi/?fbclid=IwAR3ryO2_Z45084SkNsYch5pIyLFGVjW7ijcehE1koyaC3M8lc8kTdMHm620

Thanking you,
Bob Cecchini MAJ USA-Ret
Harrington, DE

2 Likes

Had no problem getting Dem sponsors for HR 218 back in the day. Course 9-11 was still fresh in their minds. 106 Democrats were cosponsors and 192 Republicans. It was signed by Bush Jr. in 2004.

2 Likes

Well I hope that they can see the value of using Retired and Active (including Reserves) military to protect our citizens from these mass shootings? The only other hope would be to repeal the “NO GUN ZONES” Law and Biden and company would never agree that they made a mistake. Thanks!

3 Likes

I’d sign up for that. I don’t know what kind of age limitations would be placed on it but I’m getting close to retirement age and I can’t think of a better way for me to give back to my community.

3 Likes

That is a nice idea have you sent it along to any other congressional or senators besides in your state? If you haven’t you should send it to Sen Mconnell the Majority Leader and others in leadership positions maybe to someone at the White House might be able to get some traction. I would sign up for the training as a retired Petty Officer 1st Class. Good luck

3 Likes

Derek, Yes, I have sent it to most all House and senate Republicans (even Rush Limbaugh). Thanks for your service; I finished up in the Navy back in 1979 as a AMS2 to finish my college degree in Aeronautics. Went on to the AFNG because of Job location in Tulsa, OK.
Yes, as long as you can pass the McCann associates test and the HB-218 qual after completing a 4 days defensive handgun course. I hope that it will pass muster. Thanks for the positive response!
Bob

1 Like

I’m under HR 218, qualify yearly. I’ve seen guys in wheelchairs qualify and they were old. My old Dept. makes it easy for us retirees, as in easy in making qualification available. They only qualify sworn retirees from the Dept, though.

2 Likes

Why limit it to retirees or those with more than a decade of service?

We have millions of fully qualified guys and gals in the US that got out after one or two tours that would happily step up.

As long as they meet the other qualifications I can’t see any reason to limit them from participating.

2 Likes

I would be very happy to pass it forward and sign to it if you get it written in form to do so. I think this is a wonderful answer, a good response to what is being asked for and what goes unasked in the current aftermath. Thank you for this.

1 Like

Its not limited to just retired Military but its open also active duty including Reserves and National Guard and those who completed at least one tour with an honorable discharge and at least reached the rank of E4 after or during their tour of duty. The point is if we can trust our US military with fighting for our Freedom on battlefields and countries around the world why not at home to keep us safe from Mass shooters within the USA and “No Gun Zones”? Our FBI claims that armed citizens would be effective 94% of the time in stopping mass shooters! This is our best hope to stop mass shooting within the USA’s “No Gun Zones”. Thank You!

2 Likes

The way you worded it above it sounded like you were limiting it to those with only 10 years or more active duty or active/reserve which didn’t make sense to me.

1 Like

I like to propose a a Retired Active Military Defender Safety Act (RAMDSA) intended to afford qualified active Military and qualified retired Military enlisted NCO, Petty Officers, Warrant and Commissioned officers the privilege of carrying a concealed firearm in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. possessions (except the Canal Zone). This (RAMDSA) Program follows the same premise as the HR-218 Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act (LEOSA) which works!

RAMDSA Requirements:

Be Active duty or retired US Military (after at least 15 years of service) and have a valid retired US Military ID card or served a minimum of 4 years and having received a Honorable discharge DD214. Active duty (having reached the rank of E-4, W-1 or O-1) being on current active duty within any branch of the US Armed Forces, Reserves or National Guard.

Have no Military or civil criminal record.

Pass the McCann Associates psychological screening test for Police Officers.

Pass a minimum Four day Defensive Handgun course or equivalent (Dr Piazza’s Front Sight Firearms Training Institute, has offered free courses to RAMDSA applicants) upon first application of RAMDSA.

Apply and receive a (your current residency) State Concealed weapons permit.

Pass the equivalent HR-218 qualification test with either local Law enforcement or NRA instructor. RAMDSA is a program for CIVILIANS who used to be Military or under current Military jurisdiction. RAMDSA should be administered like HB-218 card/licenses issued by your state; you are just certifying that a HR-218 standard was met.

Re-qualify HR-218 test every year to keep RAMDSA Card/ license.

Thanking you,

Bob Cecchini MAJ USA-Ret

Harrington, DE

2 Likes

I think it’s a great idea,
I’m afraid that you’re going to get a lot of residence from the government,
Especially the Democratic Party on gun control,
THE deep state is trying to disarm the public,
All history shows that when you disarm the people you can control them without resistance and then they can take total control,
I wish you luck, and you have my support and respect,
US Army, 11,brovo
4/64armored division,vet
Roland Hatten

1 Like

Roland,
Thank you for your service! Yes you’re right this will be an uphill battle and if you look at what the Deep State did to President Trump under President Obama and even after he was sworn in as President over the past 2.5 years and its not over yet. If we can only get rid of the "No Gun Zone " mistake (Joe Bide’s legacy) that would be a move in the right direction but I agree with you that they want to take all of our guns away and now are using these tradgeties as ammo to ban most semi-autos and Hi-Cap Mags. I appreciate your response, thank you! Bob

2 Likes

He got that from HR 218. The officer has to have 10 years service or retired on a job related disability. Then your Dept can be more restrictive. My old Dept. will only give us a CCW if we had at least 15 years of service when leaving. Without that Dept. issued CCW-no HR 218 for you!

3 Likes

A real commonsense solution to mass shooting is that we need President Trump to repeal Joe Biden’s “NO GUN ZONES” because 89% of all mass shooting happen in NGZs and that 94% of mass shooting can be stopped by legally armed citizens. People blame the guns used in mass murder which is the wrong target— Now with 3 MS in a short period of time — people are left with the one question we may never truly be able to answer: Why? This answer is simple “NO GUN ZONES” don’t work and that bad law needs to be repealed NOW! Why would anyone commit such an atrocity against other innocent people including children and women? Because those mass shooters are also COWARDS who have no regard for human life and they just want to kill but not be killed themselves! Our President needs to stand up and defend us legal gun owners by giving us the chance to defend our families, children and ourselves at Malls, Schools and everywhere within the USA. The other point our President needs to make is that all of these Mass Shooters are COWARDS and that they should be shot down without hestation or reservations whatsoever; no fear to the defender who takes their threat of mass shootings away! Use this link to reach out to President Trump; all of us within Pro-2nd Amendment citizens need to have President Trump come out and tell the TRUTH, which is that “NO GUN ZONES” don’t work and here’s the proof. https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/07/31/study-89-of-21st-century-mass-shootings-occurred-in-gun-free-zones/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=daily&utm_campaign=20190731&utm_content=B&fbclid=IwAR3RmdkwNVc4tuO7uba-3byXX7OU-pawZA8R-5xtnujU04KwifJiA7icM1M
Make our voices heard; PLEASE WRITE PRESIDENT TRUMP NOW! https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/#page

2 Likes