Remember cigarette machines…..well

Now THERE’S a dollars worth well spent. Subsequent deployment of a lit windproof lighter would have served as a deterrent to future ill conceived robbery attempts.

2 Likes

Get a Zippo lighter, learn the trick to open and light it in one move. Watch the wet persons eyes get really big and wide!:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Quit smoking 2 years ago. Still carry my Zippo. Mastered the open the cover upon pulling from pocket and light by ripping it across the thigh in high school. I probably wouldn’t go for the barbecue portion of the program but just the thought of doing so would be amusing.

4 Likes

There’s an element of biblical justice to giving the criminals a taste of what they should expect in the afterlife. :wink:

2 Likes

I try to support my LGS as much as possible. They aren’t going to sell my info, and it can’t be pulled by a hack either

4 Likes

With the current administration they’ll likely want a pic of the buyer, a blood sample and 17 signatures.

2 Likes

This happened less than a year ago but I live in Florida so thankfully no…not yet anyway.

1 Like

I’ll give them a stool sample!

5 Likes

Hypothetical question: if a perp attempting mayhem at a gas station gets soaked in gasoline and in retaliation shoots a gun, would it light the fumes and the gas on his clothes light him up?
There was a TV show where they tested these kinds of crazy scenarios but I think it’s off the air.

1 Like

a) since bullets are not on fire, I doubt the bullet could ignite the fumes, but were it to strike a hard surface causing a spark, maybe.
b) Mythbusters … yes now only in repeats and YouTube shorts.

This is the second time in so many days that you’ve questioned my level of intelligence but if you send me a twenty-dollar bill in the mail, I’ll forgive you.
I do know bullets aren’t on fire but have you not considered muzzle flash?!?

2 Likes

I want to say they tested something similar? Like exploding gas tanks maybe? And they had trouble getting ignition even with tracers. (Edit, it was propane tanks with guns, and flaming arrows at car gas tanks)

However, I don’t think they ever touched on wether or not the act of firing the gun in a fume rich (aka perp soaked in gasoline) environment would ignite it?

2 Likes

I’m the same as you and @William191. As soon as the pumo is locked and running, I’m head up, looking all around, maybe walking around the truck “checking” and right hand in my pocket, where I have a gun. Gas stations are level orange for me.

3 Likes

I know Brother, It’s just observing (your surroundings)
It cost nothing to do. The alternative is way worse.
This is the same Topic where you folk’s talk about spraying gas correct?
How could anybody think of doing that?
All over your own ride?
Their ride?
the environmental factor’s?
and then if I survive that, I go home and get killed by my Sister
for having a $200 charge on my Costco gas card! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Saint Peter looks over my ‘Book of Life’ and shakes his head…
'You survive Mogadishu?, Syria? and Armored car shooting where you ar crippled (nearly)
and then you die because your Sister is pissed off you sprayed gas all over the Station because you weren’t paying attention and some skell jumped you?.. I think I heard him
call me a dumbass! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

I love the video of the guy filling his car with diesel gets a gun drawn on him. He pulls the handle, hoses down the perp then the perp leaves the side van door open and the defender hoses down the inside of the van. :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

They would have to change out the carpet and seats. Still Don think that would get the diesel smell out! But it would be easy to set on fire out in the woods.

3 Likes

The old adage of ‘You can’t fix stupid’ applies here amirite? :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I could handle ol’ Saint Pete calling me a dumbass. While it wasn’t him that called me that, I’ve been called that before, among other things. It’s the look on his face as he shook his head that would get to me…

1 Like

Me too Brother, Me too… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But they don’t have the brains to know that the money is in the ground beneath the machine lol.

1 Like

Who needs the money if the ammo is the prize?

3 Likes