Recommendations for a red dot for an AR-15

Oh no, not good. I have one and just told everyone how much I like it. Sorry that happened to you.

1 Like

I have no replys to this post, Just sitting back absorbing you guys great ideas. :us: :us: :us:

2 Likes

Before laying out “big bucks” for an optic make sure there is an adapter plate made for your firearm! An optic cut slide will also be helpful.

3 Likes

@Virgil_H , no need to be sorry. I have the magic touch of if something is gonna break it will be me it will break on. Ive had like 6 yes SIX holosun pistol red dots break on me so this is nothing new.

3 Likes

This :point_up: the xdm is an example of this. There are three plates offered for the xdm. Each plate mounts a few different options, but they don’t cover all.

1 Like

And you would think the major players would be covered, but that’s not necessarily true. I bought a Smith and Wesson Shield Plus Optic Ready, and you can’t mount a Holosun 507k to it from the factory, which is the most popular and best slim pistol RDS on the market. Gun manufacturers don’t always get it right.

3 Likes

It’s got solar and auto adjust to lighting and shake awake which is all you need

5 Likes

Yikes. I have the steel shroud on both of mine. Good news is Sig stands behind their optics — maybe not as much as Vortex, but they do.

2 Likes

Put this one on my rifle yesterday.

Titanium shell, big window, shake awake, solar +battery (Does not charge battery, overrides it in light), auto brightness, 11 manual brightness, 3 moa settings, (2moa dot, 65moa circle, or both) CR2032 battery.

Love the clarity of the optic.

Difference in size between Holosun 507c-GR & 510c-GR

5 Likes

I use Leupolds freedom 1 moa RDS.I also have a delta point pro on a couple of handguns They can be a little pricey but have never let me down.

2 Likes

I think the Sig Romeo 5 is a solid budget option with good battery life and build quality. I’ve had one for several years and it is still going strong. Though I prefer to use Aimpoint or Holosun on my go to self defense rifles.

3 Likes

Happy Anniversary @Trever1

1 Like

On two pistols I have the swamp Fox sentinel. I’m one of the pistols I have over a thousand rounds with no problem. I know the question was about a rifle but I do know swamp Fox has a line of dots for long guns also but I have no experience with those.

1 Like

For my AR-15, I got a SIG Romeo5 and a Juliet4. The Romeo5 is fairly inexpensive and enjoy the added range the magnifier gives me.

4 Likes

I’m running Eotech red dots on a couple AR15’s and an AR10.
I’m running Holosun Green optics with solar panels on a pistol caliber carbine, “My Little Friend” as well on my Tavor 7 Bullpup in .308. I really have come to love my Holosuns.
I’m over 70 and even though I’ve had my eyes done, I really love green optics compared to red now. I find the green so much more visible, both in daylight and night light.
A tip for everyone on batteries in your optics. I’ve become anal regarding battery fouling in all of my electronics! Everyready, Energizer, SureFire, it doesn’t mater, they have all corroded over time in my devices so recently I inspected the batteries in all my firearm optics and all of my Eotechs had battery corrosion inside which took serious cleaning to restore. I ordered a new battery compartment from Eotech for an AR10, which they shipped me promptly. Good Company!
Since i’m a firm believer of keeping loaded firearms securely locked in my gun safes, I’ve learned to be certain that the optic systems are always ready to rock & roll as well.
Everyone be safe and love your Toys.

2 Likes